Wanted LHD 1991 80 series manual leather shifter boot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for a leather shifter boot for a 1991 LHD manual 80series. If there is an after market option available please post up the link but I cold not find one when I searched. Open to NOS if anyone has one hidden away or a decent shape original.

CA1116E7-252B-434F-898B-80B8F7FC6B54.jpeg

59BD5712-F0AA-49DC-B734-E82F655FDD0A.jpeg

The boot to my 1997 LHD 80 is readily available… If yours is 58808-60060-C0 it’s readily available on Partsouq.

Post a pic of yours to compare?

The boot to my 1997 LHD 80 is readily available… If yours is 58808-60060-C0 it’s readily available on Partsouq.

Post a pic of yours to compare?
The boots are different. The 95-97 clip or attach under the console while the 91-94 sit on top of the console and have tabs that stick through and twist on the underside to fasten it.

I will add some pictures of what I am looking for a little later tonight.

We’re doing a 1HDT swap into a 91.......since the console isn’t going to be something easy to find, I think we’ll make a textured aluminum overlay and then have a boot stitched up. Maybe make a wire base....hold it in with magnets or something? Not sure yet.

We’re doing a 1HDT swap into a 91.......since the console isn’t going to be something easy to find, I think we’ll make a textured aluminum overlay and then have a boot stitched up. Maybe make a wire base....hold it in with magnets or something? Not sure yet.
My plan B is to have one made using what I have as a template and reusing the metal frame it attaches to. Figured I would see if someone has one hidden away first.

The only thing I have in hiding is a poverty pack rubber boot with metal ring, seen in the edge of this artsy shot.

D18BECFE-B8AA-4BD4-923E-FE0B0FB3C826.jpeg

The only thing I have in hiding is a poverty pack rubber boot with metal ring, seen in the edge of this artsy shot.

View attachment 3256704
I had considered going the poverty pack boot rout but could find a part number to determine it the boot you have is still available. Since I have a console to go with my leather boot I think I will hold out to see if I can clean it up enough to look decent.

Do you know if the boot you have is still available from Toyota or is that reached unicorn status too?

I had considered going the poverty pack boot rout but could find a part number to determine it the boot you have is still available. Since I have a console to go with my leather boot I think I will hold out to see if I can clean it up enough to look decent.

Do you know if the boot you have is still available from Toyota or is that reached unicorn status too?

Available. Readily. Not in US.

I will have grey manual LHD shifter console coming up soon, pre 95 version ;)

My plan B is to have one made using what I have as a template and reusing the metal frame it attaches to. Figured I would see if someone has one hidden away first.
People who do leather work for seats, steering wheel etc should be able to get this done for you easily, just make sure they use a more fine, thinner, soft leather which wont have cracks and worn out to quick.

58280- 60041

Hello!

I have recently made reproduction 1990-1994 Manual Transmission LHD 80 Series shift boots!

I could not reproduce the metal frame so you will have to reuse your old one.

image_22c5359a-d8a6-49ff-8a76-679ee005bf8a.png

image_61ead803-04e1-4739-bb60-e750aad414a3.png

image_0d9683d9-b1e4-49b4-9fd6-6442a0ba5bc4.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom