LFD Skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've mounted the LFD engine skid plate--the front of the plate cradles the bottom of the radiator snugly. My question: I removed the plastic valance that covers the space between the radiator and the front bumper. Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) the plastic valance won't fit with the skid plate. So what are folks doing for the space? Trim the plastic or leave it open? The RCI filler plate does not work on 2014+ models (confirmed with RCI via phone call).

Any thoughts are welcome.
Cheers!

I've mounted the LFD engine skid plate--the front of the plate cradles the bottom of the radiator snugly. My question: I removed the plastic valance that covers the space between the radiator and the front bumper. Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) the plastic valance won't fit with the skid plate. So what are folks doing for the space? Trim the plastic or leave it open? The RCI filler plate does not work on 2014+ models (confirmed with RCI via phone call).

Any thoughts are welcome.
Cheers!
Post some pictures.

Here's the photos of the front of the LFD skid. Of note, on the Apex Overland site, their picture of their GX460 with this plate installed shows the gap to be open. And when I trim the bumper those black brackets which would hold the plastic valance will be coming off anyway. The RCI fillplate isn't long enough to reach to the brackets on the front (where the plastic valance attaches).

apexolgxlfd.jpg

IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

I would personally try to keep that valence in place to keep the air moving through the radiator and to protect it from trail hazards likes sticks and such. Also if you live in an area with deep snow that could pose a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom