Lean to the left after lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched on this and there have been some examples but nothing I saw that was totally definitive, and I am high maintenance.

I now have heavy springs installed front and back. The front is even, the back is exactly 1" higher on the PS than the DS. I checked 4 times and the "B" spring is on the DS and the "A" is on the PS.

This is with a full tank of gas and the lift has been on there for under a week. I put the 4x4 labs bumper on it this evening, I did not think to measure the lift prior to that. There are no swing outs on it yet so the weight ought to be pretty even.

Problem? Am I over thinking this? Should I leave it for a couple of weeks, drive it some, and then worry if it is still there after the springs have a chance to settle and the swing outs are installed? It drives fine. I can always add a spacer if I have to but that seems like it shouldn't be necessary.

Last edited:
I'd get the swing outs on, get some gear in it and see where it sits. You may need a spacer or two to get things leveled out just so.

I have the same problem, but I need to get a rear bumper on and the winch mounted up and see how she sits.

I have the SLEE 4" kit. My rig never seems level and it bothered me at first. Then I figured out:

If I go from Drive to Park, my drivers side will sit a little higher.
If I go from Reverse to Partk, my passenger side will sit a little higher.

I may have that swapped, but you get the point.

I am 1000% sure the B spring is on the DS and the A spring is on the PS so they are installed on the correct sides for a LHD rig. I looked before the install, and checked again multiple times before reassembly, and again after I noticed it was not even. This particular instance is not a case of the springs being on the wrong sides unless they are labeled wrong.

aren't the front springs and rear springs supposed to be off set? On the front the b is on the DS but is on the PS on the rear. ARB told me that you need to make sure the "A's" aren't on the same side.

Last edited:
yes they are. again, in a RHD rig the A springs go on the DS and the B springs go on the PS. In a LHD it is reversed. I installed them reversed, therefore the springs are in the correct spots for LHD and that is not the problem. I may have installed them incorrectly where one is not seated right or something which I will check but they are most definitely, without question, on the correct sides of the truck.

Then it has to be a weight distribution issue. I have a swing arm and heavy spare (315 MT/R) hanging off my IPOR rear bumper on the driverside and a Hanna Interior cargo rack with a jerry full of water in it on the driverside as well...had a lot of driverside lean as a result. With J's in the back, I still needed a 25mm spacer on DS rear to level everything out. I know you say it seems like weight is distributed relatively evenly...are you a large man (lbs?) I am, and adjusted accordingly. Swap the rears and see what happens...

I searched on this and there have been some examples but nothing I saw that was totally definitive, and I am high maintenance.

I now have heavy springs installed front and back. The front is even, the back is exactly 1" higher on the PS than the DS. I checked 4 times and the "B" spring is on the DS and the "A" is on the PS.

This is with a full tank of gas and the lift has been on there for under a week. I put the 4x4 labs bumper on it this evening, I did not think to measure the lift prior to that. There are no swing outs on it yet so the weight ought to be pretty even.

Problem? Am I over thinking this? Should I leave it for a couple of weeks, drive it some, and then worry if it is still there after the springs have a chance to settle and the swing outs are installed? It drives fine. I can always add a spacer if I have to but that seems like it shouldn't be necessary.
I had the same lean with my 2.5 Old Man Emu lift heavys on the front and medium on the rear. I ended up ordering a 1" spacer from Man-a fre for one side and leveled things out. My front was fine.

I have the same problem with the Ironman. I contacted the distributor and he told me to put the the way they are marked; DS on DS and PS on PS. I haven't got the time to do it, he did it on his Lexus and worked. :beer:

I also have the same problem. Stock 92 with Ironman. Put the tallest spring on the Drivers side had about 3/4" lean as I recall. Swapped the springs and more than a 1" lean. Swapped back and added a 15mm trim packer to the driver's rear and it's within 1/2" now. Probably should have went for the 30mm.

Long story short, after reading about all the aftermarket springs/lifts, they seem to all have the lean. You will need to make sure the tallest spring is on the driver's side and/or add a trim packer to make it closer.

I know this is an old post but I have the same issue. I swapped the springs in the back and still no different (leans to the left). I think it has to be the panhard rod. When I install an adjustable one I will know for sure.

Give it some time. I initially had this driver side lean when i installed my lift. I checked it yesterday, after 6 months or so, it is perfectly leveled left to right.

I know this is an old post but I have the same issue. I swapped the springs in the back and still no different (leans to the left). I think it has to be the panhard rod. When I install an adjustable one I will know for sure.
Did an adjustable panhard rod make a difference? I just swapped my ironman springs (installed backwards initially) and I'm still 1" lower on DS. I still have stock panhard rods and am thinking this might be an issue...

I have a rear bumper w a swingout and the 35" spare mounted up there. I took the spare off with no noticeable difference in the lean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom