Leaf pack replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody. I went for a little off road journey today and ended up snapping my rear passenger leaf spring pack right in front of the axle completely off. With grad coming up this weekend i was wondering if there are any tips to getting a new pack in as quick as possible. And also can napa and such stores get new bushings? what size would they be, or will they know? thanks a lot for the help

best-fastest for bushings will be SOR.com....I order mine there. May as well order enuf to replace them ALL (springs and shackles) since their hit on handling gets you regardless.

Post up in the wanted section with your need for another spring...probably someone close to you has one laying around.

Don't know where you're at but I just removed a set of stock springs from my FJ40 if you want a good deal. I beleive CruisinGA just removed his as well. I'm in N. UT. I'm assuming he's from GA.
Yer a quick one Jake ;). Yep I just removed 4 incredible flat 30 year old packs but chucked them ASAP, cause I didn't need them layin around the garage. There are such things as leaf splits and temporary cast type deals. I've seen people use visegrips as well. Whatever works man. :D

I'm located in Nelson, BC, but i don't need a replacement, i went to my local wrecker and got one for 75 bucks that hasn't been used in 15 years, so it isn't too flat. Thanks for all your info, but i was more looking for tips on removal and installation. any help will be much appreciated.

Well i got off the spring pack with little difficulty but i can't manage to get the old pin out of the new (to me) spring pack from the wrecker, but they said they'ld do it for me. My pins looked fairly corroded and i will hopefully be able to get replacements tomorrow. thanks everyone for their help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom