LCXC 2018: Baja! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seven days till we're over the boarder.

Currently in Redding, picking up the Land Cruiser tomorrow, making use of the front desk accidentally giving me four free drink tickets for the bar. I'll be back in Utah on Monday (stopping in Reno for some craps), three days to do a ton of work before I'm in Vegas on the 22nd.

One last mod before the trip. I relocated the satellite antenna to the front bumper. It wasn't doing much good under the roof top tent.

MN3HtLK-YIGgOltPuAdhpbcBXgRU0POg9iULLAnenjXDtqCfZMCwlGf6L5XQrVSaUJvhIokoV5mBuo9USE1jc0aKL9_1t3yF4PROVzQT3tQCtBr_BjcZ8886f6yGfnijQWIFH3lbx2YIyp2RqC7tLCuP3HmAe505gSUqUkfQBkdAwpsvCSBD3LglpzgomhRvxLpjPE6Oq5FFj40Snr0C5VHc1OnMdDGF7IZ36-FscNFyAoiFdZjNeg1UySOjWVNUYx-2T6CrdVU0eC15CBaXTMgijzqPlT4DCnqjkyYbVZL8xHcXd0uoEwoyDvxYbXltLdQWksfq80mcn0FZy4sCoRg6ImXl_dkWDk4YsZT5p_VVtygKpKOhHR2RlfQCq9oXqUEn0X5RC3C0T4tqhUpUrUsOWemFMT-cVx6T6b9sCogwiYwsG0jF1S_7nEDqyyMmiQxxiE7_GMz2QISHVytDPqthIBlnXxTlv64dAG8hMW-8CtVLh2ghoFbEbZLQZVhFEJ0lbUQoysCcLOThAMs-uxxWaBJxqaiepm7-7dN35AHNT4EdCGyD36F9dTIlwsSDBTLWh4bI05c3WZ53TFG995AmdJyujiLzY0r1cFJ9=w1266-h949-no

AF1QipN0sgCOXuStdZ66R4Ewm4lUgjIQcBvh4XXasJJ9

Unfortunately I haven't done s*** to the truck but these mods are done and in the deep freeze:

Pork shoulder(s)

MVIMG_20180318_123613.jpg
MVIMG_20180318_123723.jpg

Texas style brisket (w/ point still on) - burnt end at camp!!

MVIMG_20180318_170416.jpg
MVIMG_20180318_170605.jpg
MVIMG_20180318_174604.jpg

And of course Tony's chicken

MVIMG_20180218_172055.jpg

Baja chow wagon - you guys are gonna love it

image.jpeg

Looks like you really nailed the brisket Zack
Prob my best one yet - it's all about the Texas "crutch"! Plus I decided to inject it this time. Juicy. Moist. All those words we love.

You're killing me with the freezer part... blasphemy I say
Well from a taste perspective I guess it's all relative, just ask the guys in the pic above. Sure it won't be as good as it was hot off the press but would be hard to beat compared to what you could whip up at camp. Plus more time at camp to do something other than cook. Butt the burnt ends!! that's what you'll see pics of next haha... burn those ends while Tony catches us some fish.

From a practicality perspective we need it to be fresh by day 9 using cooler(2) only, the stash of frozen meats for the latter days all in one small RTIC 20 that won't get opened until day 5, and the Day 1 - 4 stuff serves as ice as it defrosts in the main cooler. No fancy 12v reefers over here :p

Well from a taste perspective I guess it's all relative, just ask the guys in the pic above. Sure it won't be as good as it was hot off the press but would be hard to beat compared to what you could whip up at camp. Plus more time at camp to do something other than cook. Butt the burnt ends!! that's what you'll see pics of next haha... burn those ends while Tony catches us some fish.

From a practicality perspective we need it to be fresh by day 9 using cooler(2) only, the stash of frozen meats for the latter days all in one small RTIC 20 that won't get opened until day 5, and the Day 1 - 4 stuff serves as ice as it defrosts in the main cooler. No fancy 12v reefers over here :p
Looks like you’ve got your BBQ- Foo happening, and nailed the brisket! A good camping tip... for pork butt, after you pull it, stuff it in large double freezer bags and freeze. For brisket, chop it and bag / freeze as well. Throw it in the cooler when you depart, by the time it’s the day for BBQ you should be partially thawed. When you get to camp, put the bags in pots of hot water on the camp stove to heat while setting up camp. Come dinner time, hot pulled pork and chopped brisket sandwiches....sauce to taste!

Don't be knocking the 12v stuff and I wouldn't be counting to much on Surf & Turf :rofl: Hope it works as planned though. I'm sure you guys will score some local food as you go.

Much of this route looks pretty familiar! Man I wish I were there and not at home. Godspeed @cruiseroutfit and Canguro racing!

Screenshot_20181116-104408.png

Possibly around May.
But I'm leaving for a year in Korea in May so it'll be tight.
There's a possibilty I could take some time off and ride shot gun though...
But if I can't go, you guys should still set something up.

I’d do it again. :clap::grinpimp::steer:
And this time, I’ll know to leave about 60% of my stuff at home. :) Left in a rush last time...and when rushed, you start throwing EVERYTHING in the truck... :-0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom