Events/Trails LCDC8 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See y'all in July!
ditto! what is the reference to "2 REGISTRATIONS SET TO"? Mine said the same thing. I hope I didn't accidentally take two slots.

ditto! what is the reference to "2 REGISTRATIONS SET TO"? Mine said the same thing. I hope I didn't accidentally take two slots.

It's just because there were two items on the event—the driver registration and the donation

1645982233945.png

10:10 email, waitlist again this year. Bummer.

Email at :07 but had already decided to stand aside and make plans to come as neutral observers (again, but this time on purpose instead of by accident) :) Probably would have been waitlisted anyway from the timing.
Hope to see y’all there! -JT

I got too excited and forgot the donation part. I hope I still can contribute donation after complete registration. @codyaustin5 @indycole

No worries - we'll enable the donation links again once the registration process concludes. We want people to be able to easily join the waitlist.

I was able to find the event on Eventbrite before the email hit my inbox

Interesting, it wasn't supposed to go public until all the emails were sent. I'm guessing the first ticket sales triggered it in some way. Eventbrite has some quirks. It would have been password protected until 10 am MT, though.

yep, I didn't get the email until 12:04 and I have 1 GB internet. Selective maybe.

Didn't get an email til 10:08 and kept refreshing the main LCDC page. Eventually had to find the evenbrite page and at that point it was too late. Gotta say the process didn't work as I hoped. IMO they should have just shared the Evenbrite link prior to the registration time so that everyone would know where to find the link instead of waiting for an email. Oh well.

Our email service is usually pretty snappy... I'm guessing it was due to the fact that we sent invites in batches as described in the pre-registration email.

Registration starts at 10:00 am MT. We’ll send the registration link via email based on past event participation. Registrations are available on first-come, first-serve basis once you receive the invitation. We expect all invitations to be sent by 10:15 am MT to everyone on this mailing list.

The first round was sent right at 10am and then a couple minutes apart. People who participated in the event before got head start of a couple minutes.

@tbisaacs is right. Eventbrite counts both the driver registration and the donation as registrations.

Last edited:
Waitlisted

No worries - we'll enable the donation links again once the registration process concludes. We want people to be able to easily join the waitlist.

Interesting, it was supposed to go public until all the emails were sent. I'm guessing the first ticket sales triggered it in some way. Eventbrite has some quirks. It would have been password protected until 10 am MT, though.

Our email service is usually pretty snappy... I'm guessing it was due to the fact that we sent invites in batches as described in the pre-registration email.

Registration starts at 10:00 am MT. We’ll send the registration link via email based on past event participation. Registrations are available on first-come, first-serve basis once you receive the invitation. We expect all invitations to be sent by 10:15 am MT to everyone on this mailing list.

The first round was sent right at 10am and then a couple minutes apart. People who participated in the event before got head start of a couple minutes.

@tbisaacs is right. Eventbrite counts both the driver registration and the donation as registrations.

👇🏻 the event was not on eventbrite until 9a PST.

5EC39C4F-E662-421D-A8BF-61F35CE6FA44.jpeg

My email came at 9:03a PST.

Unfortunately Bulk email services usually send from multiple servers around the globe - it’s virtually impossible to ensure everyone gets an email at the same time.

👇🏻 the event was not on eventbrite until 9a PST.

View attachment 2938315

My email came at 9:03a PST.

Unfortunately Bulk email services usually send from multiple servers around the globe - it’s virtually impossible to ensure everyone gets an email at the same time.
My email hit my inbox at 10:58 CST and I got my registration confirmation at 11:01 CST. Looking forward to seeing the area around Breckenridge. The pictures and video I have seen from Matt of the Red Cone trail have me looking forward to that one.

What’s the group usually do for sleeping arrangements? I grabbed a room at the doubletree in breck. Might be me +3 or me + 0.

So this event sold out in 10 minutes? LOL

I guess in TN we are too laid back...

What’s the group usually do for sleeping arrangements? I grabbed a room at the doubletree in breck. Might be me +3 or me + 0.

It runs the gamut... everyone does their own thing. Hotels, camping, vacation rentals, and everything in between.

See y’all in July!

I received the email at :07

Last edited:
This went live right when we were driving code 3 to an “animal bite” call which was actually a frail 70yr old woman that got rammed by an angry pregnant goat. For those that assume I’m joking.. I’m not.

Maybe the universe’s way of saying I should let someone else go to LCDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom