Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got the email 1/26! Was the list of trails for this event published anywhere?

You can read trail descriptions, and download gps waypoints and track logs for each of the trails featured in the FunTreks book here:

1579838051290.png

Just got the email 1/26! Was the list of trails for this event published anywhere?

Definitely check out the trail books and areas mentioned already to help get a feel for the range of trail types, etc.

*Maybe worth mentioning, too... (especially for those reading along who are attending their first event of this kind)...

—It’s very normal for trail details to come well after registration.

-Even the long-running Cruise Moab event that maxed out registration a few days ago...won’t announce trail specifics for quite some time.
So no worries.

It’s one of those tricky logistics things...but it’s always a blast and drilling down to trails is better left until later. Even weather and winter snow melts, etc. come into play, so time is actually good thing.

Lastly... Cody and Cole make massive efforts to keep folks up to date—especially once folks are registered.

Last edited:
I have a hunch there might be some 200s and 40s doing some fishing up the Poudre....

How about an event in the Eastern region ? Maybe Tennessee, Kentucky, north Carolina?
The majority of folks are out west, but smaller groups have done meet ups such as "Degens rip up Tennessee".

Being in the cornfields of the midwest, every good spot is 1-2 days drive for me...

Theres an event at Windrock the weekend before LCDC. I think I'll be attending that, en route to LCDC.

Sounds like fun.

Pre-event meetups are awesome. We’ve had significant groups meet up in Moab right before LCDC several times. Super hot temps, but it’s been fun. Lots of other cool “pre-run” possibilities.

On the way home from LCDC, I’ll be very tempted to head through the San Juan Mountains yet again (Ouray) just because it’s a happy, gorgeous place. Or maybe Breckenridge, just a bitt off i-70... Or...________.

Last edited:
If you are going along I-70 home stop at Georgetown and go up Argentine Pass. I have always enjoyed that. You don't go over the pass, Drive to the summit and come back down

DSC02823.JPG

I have half a mind to try out the Morrison Jeep Trail before or after... always wanted to do it.
Some of those switchbacks look pretty intense in the video of the Tacoma guys doing it. That wheelbase wasn't their friend.

Some of those switchbacks look pretty intense in the video of the Tacoma guys doing it. That wheelbase wasn't their friend.

Looks like a nice set of switchbacks and cool view from the top.

Gotta say though...seems like they kept making it way harder than necessary by cutting corners too tightly...like around minute 5:30. Widen that turn and use the space on passenger...no problem & no need for his slider around that big rock. Same corner cutting tendency at 5:45 too. Feel like our fatty trucks could scoot right on up that with a better line. Let’s do it. :) On-coming traffic might suck...but it looks like you can see ahead pretty well.

PS.
***On the other hand...
**I wasn’t there...and videos are notorious for making tricky obstacles look like nothing...

Some of the super iffy spots I’ve been in...often look tame in pictures. So...who knows...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom