Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi folks - I'm considering attending. Just curious how many will be traveling from the eastern half of the US. I've always been a bit of a loner when it comes to off-road, but this group seems like one I could hang out with. I have questions...

In the past, do folks tend to meet up along the way?
Comms? How does everyone communicate?
Is this thread the appropriate place to coordinate camping and travel plans?

Hi folks - I'm considering attending. Just curious how many will be traveling from the eastern half of the US. I've always been a bit of a loner when it comes to off-road, but this group seems like one I could hang out with. I have questions...

Come join us! We usually have 10-15 rigs from the East coast that make the trek. Some ship their rigs others will meet up along the way. Feel free to post up camping spots as quite a few camp together or get neighboring sites.

This looks like a lot of fun and I'm planning on attending. I've never done any kind of event like this before. I've really not done any serious off roading. My LC is mostly stock with T13 bumper and slee sliders but no lift. I know there will be a full range of tails available but currently I'm running Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread P265/65R18 which are great street tires and good for rain, slush and ice but an off road tire they are not. While someday I'll get a set of off road tires, I don't plan on doing that until after I add a 2" lift. That won't be before LCDC. Would this be a mistake or should I really think about different tires for this event?

Last edited:
This looks like a lot of fun and I'm planning on attending. I've never done any kind of event like this before. I've really not done any serious off roading. My LC is mostly stock with T13 bumper and slee sliders but no lift. I know there will be a full range of tails available but currently I'm running Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread P265/65R18 which are great street tires and good for rain, slush and ice but an off road tire they are not. While someday I'll get a set of off road tires, I don't plan on doing that until after I add a 2" lift. That won't be before LCDC. Would this be a mistake or should I really think about different tires for this event?

You’ll be fine with no lift but new tires are highly recommended.

Do kids usually come along on these?...we have two kiddos, ages 7 and 9.

Perfect...count us in! This will be our first “event” to come to, really looking forward to it!

Official logo designed by @ethernectar
Absolutely love this years design! Thanks Matt! Will be used for shirts and stickers will be available.

BB5F95BF-6F4F-4CFD-B464-B1C7DC96078A.png

I drove from Maryland by myself, the wife flew into denver. Planned a coupla days, stopped and saw cool things, signs that caught my attention. Had no real agenda. Had hoped to meet or caravan together with others but it never materialized. Took a more southern route on the way out, a more northern one on the way back. Driving solo again, so I'm already browsing maps, looking for things.

Can't wait to try my new tires and skids Whoo-hoo !!
It was soo much fun when we did 100's in the hills in 2016... (it was their 6th as well btw)
Looking forward to seeing some beautiful views out of the new to us platform!!

Last edited:
Love the logo - Great job !!
Will look great on our "Texi - Lexi" !!

Been watching the Calendar and my e-mail... nothing.
Is today the day to register?

I drove from Maryland by myself, the wife flew into denver. Planned a coupla days, stopped and saw cool things, signs that caught my attention. Had no real agenda. Had hoped to meet or caravan together with others but it never materialized. Took a more southern route on the way out, a more northern one on the way back. Driving solo again, so I'm already browsing maps, looking for things.

I'm going to need to start finding some cool places to stop by on the way, if you've got suggestions I'll take em. Most likely will bring my parents along with me, since they're starting to enjoy wheeling

I saw it said it opened the 2nd half of this month and thought I had missed it already.

Trying to see if I can make this work as I would love to explore out west but hate to wheel alone. Anybody interested in adding a few extra days before or after (preferably before) and exploring MOAB as well. I have a 2016 with 2" lift and 33" tires, so nothing too crazy (will have budbuilt rock sliders and 34" mud terrains by then).

Alright...alright...alright !! :steer::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom