Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay you got me with the fishing. I’ll plan on attending. Anyone else coming from the Southeast?
Depending on if I get a cousin to go with me I might be leaving from GA..

There are tons of dispersed camping locations along the Poudre river area. FS has maps you can get and outlines everywhere you can go. I have a few places I like I can share as well. Quite a few people camp at the event

Any way to compare the site availability in this area to Alta lakes around the same dates? I was frustrated by how full it was up there a couple years ago, though I was trying to find a site late in the day on a weekend. The area was PACKED.

Dispersed is my usual M.O.

dumb cali question: will there be snow or ice on the trails? I dunno how long it takes for everything to melt in CO 😅😅😅
If there is a lot of snow or ice on the trails, they will likely be closed, as some were last summer. It all depends upon the depth of the snowpack. There wasn’t any snow on the trails in 2017 or 2018 (though we did have some snow flurries).

Typically not an issue for around Fort Collins that time of year. The San Juans around Ouray were hit hard last year

Typically not an issue for around Fort Collins that time of year. The San Juans around Ouray were hit hard last year

While the San Juans around Ouray were hit hard last year ... most trials, except for Black Bear Pass and Poughkeepsie Gulch were open.

The avalanche debris fields were impressive!

2019lcdc-114.jpg

2019lcdc-115.jpg

2019lcdc-116.jpg

Check out other photos and last year's trail conditions at: Gallery 3 — Land Cruiser Destination Club

This area of Northern Colorado receives significantly different weather patterns than the San Juans. That said, they too experienced high snowfall last year, but I'm unaware of any trail that opened after the first week of July (trails with seasonal closures typically open 5/15). Unless Cody has some something up his sleeve, most of the trails in this area top out around 8k to 8,5k ft compared to 12k+ ft of the San Juan trails. That elevation difference and the corresponding temperature differences mean even in bad years, this area is typically open for business. You're much more likely to have an issue with forest fires than snow come mid July.

dumb cali question: will there be snow or ice on the trails? I dunno how long it takes for everything to melt in CO 😅😅😅
Most trails up here open in June but is dependent on snow. We should be good by end of July. If not then more times spent at New Belgium and O’Dells!

Would love to bring one of my favorite other cruisers this year. Not sure which would tow the other up there with its 12HT Diesel, 5 Speed, Triple Factory Cable Lockers, Factory PTO wench. Who else might bring one of their side cruisers? (I have a strange feeling Cody has one to share).

Secondly- with the location this year- maybe we can have a “Cars and Coffee” event one morning....LCDC style. Hot coffee and donuts sponsored by, ummm, someone.

092B9F7C-02F0-46CD-BA43-F25AFD407ACF.jpeg

Would love to bring one of my favorite other cruisers this year. Not sure which would tow the other up there with its 12HT Diesel, 5 Speed, Triple Factory Cable Lockers, Factory PTO wench. Who else might bring one of their side cruisers? (I have a strange feeling Cody has one to share).

Secondly- with the location this year- maybe we can have a “Cars and Coffee” event one morning....LCDC style. Hot coffee and donuts sponsored by, ummm, someone.

View attachment 2169867
Hmmm LCDC cruiser show... I like it

FYI if camping

I don’t want to get all cart before the horse, but do you have any idea where morning meetups are likely to be? With the potential for the event to cover a large geographic area, just trying to think about viable accommodation locations since wouldn’t be difficult to accidentally end up needing to travel 45 min or more depending on event locations. I’m guessing meetup location will be activity/trail dependent but will most start from town or will it be meet at Kelly Flats parking lot at 9am? I hope that makes sense.

I don’t want to get all cart before the horse, but do you have any idea where morning meetups are likely to be? With the potential for the event to cover a large geographic area, just trying to think about viable accommodation locations since wouldn’t be difficult to accidentally end up needing to travel 45 min or more depending on event locations. I’m guessing meetup location will be activity/trail dependent but will most start from town or will it be meet at Kelly Flats parking lot at 9am? I hope that makes sense.
More than likely we’ll be meeting at Teds place. If folks are staying up the canyon they can meet their group at the trailhead. May have a meeting place in FC as well which will caravan to Teds place. Should be on everyone’s map app.

More than likely we’ll be meeting at Teds place. If folks are staying up the canyon they can meet their group at the trailhead. May have a meeting place in FC as well which will caravan to Teds place. Should be on everyone’s map app.

Gotcha, precisely what I was hoping to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom