Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.landcruiserdc.com
We are excited to announce the dates and location for LCDC #6 in 2020!

This summer our Land Cruisers will take in the majestic views of Poudre Canyon, situated just outside Fort Collins, Colorado.

Fort Collins is a vibrant college town that is consistently named as one of the top cities in America with some of the best craft breweries, mountain biking, hiking, fishing, and camping with Rocky Mountain National Park just a bit further afield. Denver International Airport is just an hour from Fort Collins for those flying in.

Poudre Canyon, which winds through Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forest, offers incredible trails from difficult to leisurely all with varied scenery. You’ll find plenty of trails to fit your build and skill set as a driver whether your Land Cruiser is mostly stock (we recommend AT tires at a minimum) or built to handle anything nature can throw at it. Check out the Northern Colorado FunTreks book to get an idea of the trails.

The event will take place from July 29th, 2020 to August 2nd, 2020. As in years past, we will kick things off on the afternoon/evening of the 29th with a get together of some sort and plan on doing a closing dinner on Saturday eveningwith some lightweight activities on the table for Sunday depending on folks' travel plans.

This year there will be a $100 fee per vehicle to cover our operating expenses and the official LCDC t-shirt. We will process full refunds for cancellations through March 31st; afterwards, no refunds. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns about the fee.

Registration opens the second half of January and will be limited to 100 Land Cruisers. If you're receiving this message you're already on the mailing list so there's nothing to do rather than stay tuned to see when registration opens!

Our Lead Sponsors are Back!

Slee Offroad
The team at Slee Offroad has been an integral part of this event since the very beginning. We're thrilled to have them on board for year six! An added bonus is this year's event is essentially in their back yard to make it easy to pick up last-minute gear or finally get those sliders.

Elite Land Cruisers
Todd, who has been part of every LCDC event, operates Elite Land Cruisers which offers turn key rare, rugged and professionally restored vintage Land Cruisers that are museum quality without the six figure price tag from other leading professional restorers. Elite has generously sponsored LCDC for the past three years and it's great to have them back!

EliteLandCruisers_White Cirlce Textured.png

Excited to share we’ll be announcing LCDC 6 destination and date on Friday the 13th! Be sure to sign up to our email list to be the first to know and get full details of the event.

Hard to believe we started with 8 200s five years ago and reached 70 last year. We are aiming to hit 100 this year!

www.200lcdc.com

Last edited:
Ima go load up the truck... :steer:

Last edited:
Hold my beer...

Can't wait!

Hoping to be able to register for this one and meet a bunch of yal

Oh yeah! Went from a 100 to 200 this year. Loved 100's in the hills. Can't wait to try out LCDC! PTO is ready to go!

Is LCDC a point to point type event, where your camp spot changes each day. Or is this something that you have a basecamp and explore around and come back? I'll be in regardless but trying to get an idea ahead of time to see if I should plan to bring the family or not.

Is LCDC a point to point type event, where your camp spot changes each day. Or is this something that you have a basecamp and explore around and come back? I'll be in regardless but trying to get an idea ahead of time to see if I should plan to bring the family or not.

Things can change...but to date, it’s always been day-trails...returning to the base area each day.

It would be extremely difficult (and likely against regs) to have such a huge group going point to point together. Maybe in years 1 and 2... But it’s grown into literally the largest 200-only event in North America... so it would be pretty tough to do the other format unless a smaller peel-off group, similar to the over-night groups that are options at Cruise Moab.

Last edited:
Mark summed it up nicely. due to size we’ll have a home base with nightly events. Not just opening and closing.

Awesome. My only concern is will my stock 2016 (without side steps) be able to keep up.
There will be trails for everyone. Recommend at least LT tires.

@LC200K9 sliders is a good investment to make if you plan on wheeling the 200...

Cody said boats so maybe a snorkel too :)
Whoever tows the largest boat to the event can host one of our nightly gatherings! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom