Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cody took most of the group down but Caleb and I hung back and explored a side trail before heading down and into town, so I only have a few shots of us running the same obstacle back down.

@linuxgod
1596556784065.png

1596556874392.png

1596556891277.png

1596556998866.png

1596556912888.png

Way to stay right!!! :)
We looked at the left line, but the rock in the middle seemed like it'd put a nice fist-sized dent in the passenger rear bumper as you come off the rock ledge. The angle coming down on the right looked cleaner so we came down the way we came up.

All these were off my Nikon D750. Working on getting some additional photos my daughter took off her D90 as well. Should have a few more to post later today

Moody Hill, courtesy of my daughter, Anna

@linuxgod
1596565177499.png

Caleb:
1596565220906.png

1596565241834.png

Storm Mountain, coming down

@linuxgod
1596566629196.png

1596566666566.png

Caleb:
1596566688363.png

Steep? Caleb didn't even scratch the factory tupperware...
1596566714802.png

Ok I'm done posting for now. If anyone wants full size copies of the Nikon RAW/NEF photos, you can download them from Amazon via the following links. Photos are free for non-commercial use, so if you want to print and hang them on your wall, go nuts. If someone has a commercial need for these (@Pacho?) , please PM or email me.

(Edit: Hants told me that Amazon gripes if the download is >5GB, so I've split these into a couple groups):

The above are unedited, and also huge (10-30MB per photo). Windows 10 will display them easily - other versions or Mac might require an add-on to display the RAW files. I will be spending some time over the next few weeks cleaning them up (color, contrast, sharpness) and will have smaller high quality JPEG versions when I'm done, probably some time in mid-to-late Sept.

Last edited:
Ok I'm done posting for now. If anyone wants full size copies of the Nikon RAW/NEF photos, you can download them from Amazon via the following link. Photos are free for non-commercial use, so if you want to print and hang them on your wall, go nuts. If someone has a commercial need for these (@Pacho?) , please PM or email me.

The above are unedited, and also huge (10-30MB per photo). Windows 10 will display them easily - other versions or Mac might require an add-on to display the RAW files. I will be spending some time over the next few weeks cleaning them up (color, contrast, sharpness) and will have smaller high quality JPEG versions when I'm done, probably some time in mid-to-late Sept.

Note for next year: Run all trails with @linuxgod to get good pics.

@linuxgod brings a full team of photographers! :)

Great meeting all the new faces! Had a blast, even with an 80!! Next year will be with our 200.

Another big THANK YOU to @indycole and @codyaustin5 and their families for organizing and executing a fantastic COVID-sensitive event!!!

Head first:
View attachment 2393289

I think this was Mark Gunn. If someone can confirm his username/handle I'll update this. Mark I hope these make up for the tippy situation. Lesson #1: always stick with the harder route.
View attachment 2393293

View attachment 2393294

View attachment 2393295

View attachment 2393296

Those are awesome shots @linuxgod and no need to make up for anything. I would agree - take the "obvious" route even though it may seem initially harder. One of the main lessons I took away from the week.

Those are awesome shots @linuxgod and no need to make up for anything. I would agree - take the "obvious" route even though it may seem initially harder. One of the main lessons I took away from the week.
Maybe not "obvious" but if the line the guy in front took worked out OK for him, stick with it

One thing I (re)learn every time I do one of these trips is just how capable the 200 is. Hants made it up the right side of HAH with his triple-locked 80, but then the Dobinson's 200 rig also made it up right behind. Whenever I wheel "solo" (just the family, no other trucks) I don't push as hard, and I quickly forget what they're really capable of.

@linuxgod Funny part is that I hadn’t been wheeling 5+ years (health and other distractions). I got to the top and realized I had forgotten to lock the center diff, so the front/rear lockers were blinking (Not engaged). :banghead:

@m200 It is for sure true that these rigs are crazy capable - Far more than we tend to think. Most times the limits are the skills/confidence of the driver.

I progressively upgraded the 80 as I found new limitations and gained skill. Nicely spread out the spend, too. Steps, Sliders, tires, lift, rear bumper, front bumper, belly plate, winch.

With our 200, we’re just going all-in... I know the end state and don’t want the progressive/repeated pain points. As someone here has said, “cry once...”

Maybe not "obvious" but if the line the guy in front took worked out OK for him, stick with it

One thing I (re)learn every time I do one of these trips is just how capable the 200 is. Hants made it up the right side of HAH with his triple-locked 80, but then the Dobinson's 200 rig also made it up right behind. Whenever I wheel "solo" (just the family, no other trucks) I don't push as hard, and I quickly forget what they're really capable of.
Spot on. ;)

First time I got behind a 200 and it quickly proved its capabilities with tons of added comfort. Watching some take the harder path showed it could handle more than we were throwing at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom