Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brings back great memories. Thank you. Wish I would of had my drone for LCDC. I am getting my Skydio 2 this week, that I ordered back in October last year.

Will be very curious to hear more about the Skydio 2 sometime...

Will be very curious to hear more about the Skydio 2 sometime...
I am too old to be a video game baby ( Pong was the video game of my youth) so I am interested in the autonomous flying ability of the Skydio 2. Willing to pay more for this, because not sure how good I will be with a joystick. Will let you know.

I am too old to be a video game baby ( Pong was the video game of my youth) so I am interested in the autonomous flying ability of the Skydio 2. Willing to pay more for this, because not sure how good I will be with a joystick. Will let you know.

Hey, I had a Pong-only “console” once upon a time... Then Space Invaders showed up in the arcades and we were all blown away... :)

But anyway... Will be interested to hear about autonomous flying as well. Thinking mountain biking (can’t steer a drone and a bike simultaneously) and wheeling... same limitation without autonomous modes.

Hey, I had a Pong-only “console” once upon a time... Then Space Invaders showed up in the arcades and we were all blown away... :)

But anyway... Will be interested to hear about autonomous flying as well. Thinking mountain biking (can’t steer a drone and a bike simultaneously) and wheeling... same limitation without autonomous modes.

When that was in the arcades I was more interested in the Disco's at that point unfortunately. I have tried a lot of times to get good at video games but just have not been able to do it. My kids always laughed at me and just kick my butt at them.

My drone was out-of-action during LCDC. The camera gimbal failed because the crash at Webster pass prior to LCDC. So, no video of LCDC.

My drone was out of commission too...but mainly because it’s still in the package on the store shelf... :hillbilly:

Want one... Meanwhile, I love seeing footage from @indycole and others. In baja, we had dueling drones from Cole and @TonyP ...and footage was awesome. Really does provide a perspective that was simply impossible a few short years back.

After a very busy week-and-a-half back at work I'm already missing Colorado. Personally, I thought Fort Collins turned out to be an awesome destination. The trails were fun. The canyons, forests, and mountains provided a picture-perfect backdrop at all times. The beer was great and the company even better!

Trail-wise, we ran Kelly Flats, Bunce School Road / Ironclads / T-33, and Johnny Park Road. We hit some other trails as connectors but those were the highlights. I'd 100% run all those trails again though I'd like a bit more time to explore some of the spurs off of Bunce School. We also didn't make it to the top of T-33 (a portion of the group did) as we had to get back to town a bit early. Both the wife and I completely agree with the general knowledge that Kelly Flats is the area's quintessential trail. It has something for everyone. All of the trails had amazing dispersed campsites.

Here are a few photos...

The world-famous @kevinfoutch and his kiddo, Alex

Crews don't get any motley-er than this

Rig shake-down in a parking lot

I'm 95% sure he didn't need to lift a wheel here but when does @Markuson do the minimum?

I found Heart-Attack Hill to be pretty intimidating from a distance... here's @codyaustin5 showcasing the incline on the final stretch

@HoovHartid has no fear of soft shoulders

@elkeye gettin' after it -- just a few years ago Bill brought his brand new 200 to Breck complete with the Dunlops so it's pretty cool to see him tackle these obstacles without a care in the world

@RobW0 making short work of the last hill

The iconic @TexAZ red 200 with Tundra frontend

@TRD Burglar going on up without a spot

After 6697 miles, 17 states and 20 days on the road, im home. Pictures and videos this week sometime.

20200812_163031.jpg

We had no intention of taking the trucks through The Chutes but that didn't stop us from spending 30 minutes there figuring how we would tackle it, theoretically...

I spoke too soon... @Markuson giving it a try in "Human Periscope" mode

One last obstacle on Kelly Flats... left line or right line? Let's try the left.

Yeah, the right line is better. This was a bit of a puzzling obstacle. We did it with two spotters and the clearance in a few spots was just weird enough that we had to pay a lot of attention to both the passenger-front and driver-rear to avoid unnecessary damage. It took awhile but we got all the trucks down with little to no scars.

A spectacular, leisurely, lunch spot after tackling Heart Attack Hill, playing around at the Chutes, and spotting a bunch of trucks down the waterfall. I could have stayed here all day exploring.

Lost in the forest...

Taking this ledge slowly on Ironclads

An early lunch stop after Ironclads — if you're in the area I can't think of a better way to spend 30 minutes than a quick loop on Ironclads. If you have more time and are in a small group (i.e. not us on this trip) there are supposed to be some nice hiking trails from the top of the loo;.

A rare spot to park 10 200s on Johnny Park Road (super fun, easy trail with some amazing camp sites)

I'm 95% sure he didn't need to lift a wheel here but when does @Markuson do the minimum?

Heh... Was that heart attack hill? Didn’t set out to lift a wheel there...but it happens. -Just picking fun lines for kicks & giggles. :steer: I also think I’m subconsciously still wishing for the 80’s solid front axle that wouldn’t have lifted there... ;) But I still love me 200.:cheers:

I agree with you on the Fort Collins area. I was expecting much smaller, rolling hills...but the terrain and views were actually pretty spectacular.

Great photos as always, Cole (& B!).

We had no intention of taking the trucks through The Chutes but that didn't stop us from spending 30 minutes there figuring how we would tackle it, theoretically...

One last obstacle on Kelly Flats... left line or right line? Let's try the left.

Yeah, the right line is better. This was a bit of a puzzling obstacle. We did it with two spotters and the clearance in a few spots was just weird enough that we had to pay a lot of attention to both the passenger-front and driver-rear to avoid unnecessary damage. It took awhile but we got all the trucks down with little to no scars.

A spectacular, leisurely, lunch spot after tackling Heart Attack Hill, playing around at the Chutes, and spotting a bunch of trucks down the waterfall. I could have stayed here all day exploring.

Lost in the forest...

Taking this ledge slowly on Ironclads

An early lunch stop after Ironclads — if you're in the area I can't think of a better way to spend 30 minutes than a quick loop on Ironclads. If you have more time and are in a small group (i.e. not us on this trip) there are supposed to be some nice hiking trails from the top of the loo;.

A rare spot to park 10 200s on Johnny Park Road (super fun, easy trail with some amazing camp sites)

Those amazing drone photos really underscore comments about the Fort Collins arealandscapes. What a beautiful place!

The left line going up storm mountain was so much better! Too bad I led most our crew up the right side. Whoops. :doh:

Had fun all!

We walked it too. @Oakleyguy stepped in a sandy spot in which his foot sank like it was quicksand.

After watching @Hants do the first part in his 80, I can say for certain you CANNOT do the Chutes in a 200 without MAJOR body damage. Or a 100. Or probably a 60 or an 80 as well. The 200 is wider than an 80, and would've surely dragged the body against the first squeeze that he *barely* fit into and the backed out of (nevermind the second and especially the third ones). (Hants joked the last section was only "40 wide" and gave up the idea of attempting any of it until I told him if he wanted to do part I'd get him some good photos to frame)

Not that I wouldn't love to watch (and photograph) someone being the first to do it in a 200...

Took a detour on the way home to San Diego...stopped by a cliff on Mars and found these little guys I could swear I saw in a Star Trek episode...

I think nature gets bored sometimes and says, “Oh ya? Well take a look at THIS...”
These little guys only existed in one little unique chunk of volcanic rock and apparently got together to show all three stages of their weird coolness...

3B5756B4-8C28-4D28-BC15-0FC6CF1BDECB.jpeg

Last edited:
For me (and most of you, I’d wager), LCDC isn’t just about wheeling. It’s also about hitting the road and talking it all in. Sooo...for lack of many wheeling shots (was busy driving or spotting), Ima post some of the OTHER images that are all a part of these events for me—The scenery, critters, and the zillion things we breathe in whilst getting to and from the event...

Oregon Coast...
F44AE5C7-2B09-469D-B535-5D6640BC5626.jpeg

Boise, Idaho...
D1B400FC-7ADC-468A-BB44-E40E4E88A467.jpeg

Stony...
AA89174D-16E0-4AB3-AB3E-2E2744AC6AC7.jpeg

Somewhere on the way to SteamboatSprings...
E1D620F5-C8AC-4555-87D1-1A259B113E7F.jpeg
62F51118-CD15-44CA-9501-B16B567E2ECA.jpeg

F8406EBF-0820-47FA-A43E-F7A14EE07C8C.jpeg
1DEE5D52-38AD-4207-9509-ABABE74E2E21.jpeg
E9F514DD-9247-4CDD-A3C8-376139BD0C3F.jpeg

Where be the Cruiser? ;)
0F8B0312-AA6B-4D86-BA7B-69BD6B439732.jpeg

1597608898773.jpeg

Sunset at Flaming Gorge... (rock is a few inches tall)...
46D47D3F-0BC1-416A-8EF4-19DA90DD2C20.jpeg

Wife veto on testing snorkel by crossing Snake River... :hillbilly:
BC596DF8-E349-4FD3-83FF-A573BC85C85C.jpeg

Blackberries along the Columbia River...
4A88A329-4318-465C-A6BC-8C235523EF7E.jpeg
576DB6CF-BCCC-4915-AD08-6DBDA996B707.jpeg

More Flaming Gorge...
7F27D579-4E2C-4D61-9B3E-EECFEE4EA271.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom