LC80 crazy flood crossing! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Either spend money looking for a place to stay a couple of days or spend it on the cruiser. Expensive battle scar for sure.

To be fair,
Guy has fun in his 80. Mud complains. What a forum

My best friend died in a deep water crossing while in a vehicle, so yes, I cringe when I see people do stuff like this.

Awesome he made it. Bad for the 80 though. Drowned my 80 a few years back. Spent the last 5 years replacing and repairing every electrical component that went underwater as they slowly failed, one after another after another.......

20191004_075821[1].jpg

20191004_075834[1].jpg

20191004_075902[1].jpg

To be fair,

My best friend died in a deep water crossing while in a vehicle, so yes, I cringe when I see people do stuff like this.
If you had a friend who died in a rollover would you go around buzzkilling every off-road video?

It'll show up on craigslist soon.

"Never been off road, barely seen a large puddle. Excellent condition. There is an intermittent issue with the wiring for the map light but I am sure it is easy to fix, just haven't had the time to get around to it. Drives like a champ! These cruisers are built tough and it's perfect for you and your buckaroo. "

To be fair,

Sorry to hear about your friend (truly) but there is little chance of anything besides the vehicle dying here.

Looks like they are safely back home and the cleanup has begun.

B87C3882-F41B-4E5D-853F-0CA24C98D8AE.jpeg

I bought mine with the intent of building it over several years to be able to do exactly that when we get one of our hurricane induced floods in Houston. Haven't done anything but a small lift so far. Not even a snorkel. Not being a diesel I'm sure there's plenty to do if it's even possible.

Just one more reason why the diesel cruisers are so much better. Here in the states, we got screwed.

Just one more reason why the diesel cruisers are so much better. Here in the states, we got screwed.
Now , now, don't you know here in the state's Mr T built Land Cruiser for soccer mom's, and they had no use for those stinky diesel engines.

Even on a diesel, all the electrical connections are going to be be severely taxed. If the truck was new-ish and had fresh connectors that have tight seals, it might stand a decent chance. Our old vehicles? Iffy, at best. (see Munks post above).

Even on a diesel, all the electrical connections are going to be be severely taxed. If the truck was new-ish and had fresh connectors that have tight seals, it might stand a decent chance. Our old vehicles? Iffy, at best. (see Munks post above).

The 1HDT doesn’t have any electrical connectors or sensors. I’ve done my fair share of short, hood-deep river crossings and not a single problem ;)

Here’s an article about the flood crossing in the video

The 1HDT doesn’t have any electrical connectors or sensors. I’ve done my fair share of short, hood-deep river crossings and not a single problem ;)

Is that really true? There are no electrical connectors anywhere below the water level you crossed? I'm not just talking about engine control, but all the ancillary stuff, too. In any case, very glad your truck is trouble free from those crossings!

Is that really true? There are no electrical connectors anywhere below the water level you crossed? I'm not just talking about engine control, but all the ancillary stuff, too. In any case, very glad your truck is trouble free from those crossings!

Sure there are electrical connectors for things like the lights, horn, compressor, condenser fan and what not, but nothing on the engine that would cause it to stall. No MAF, MAP, crankshaft or camshaft sensors, no spark plugs or ignition coils, no electronic fuel injection.

350025AC-B504-48D1-987A-CCFA53E7D4E2.png

Me too! I mean, who wouldn't want an engine that gets far better mpg, is better offroad, etc. Basically the entire world (except USA) does.

Calm down man haha

I was just trying to justify dropping my cruiser off at diesel toys for a conversion...... trust me I know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom