LC200ER(extended range) Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
After long but thrilling incremental upgrades, my rig has finally got the cloth and shoes and is ready to tackle the Yukon Highway. What do you think?

Pictures

Instagram Account

Big appreciation to Ward from LongRangeAmerica;
Georg from Cruiser Brothers, Stockton, CA;
David from Trekboxx, Rancho Cordova, CA;
Mule Expedition Outfitters, Issaquah, WA ;
Staff at Rhino Adventure Gear, San Marcos, CA;
Art from Alpha Offroad, Valencia, CA.

Engine bay:
1. ARB Twin Air Compressor.
2. Slee Offroad Compressor Mount
3. Slee Offroad Dual Battery Mount
4. Odyssey Battery
5. Redarc Battery Isolator
6. Warn XP-S 9.5 Winch
7. Chinese Made Hidden Winch Mount

Body:
1. OME BP-51 Suspension Kit
2. ARB Summit Series Side Rails
3. Kaymar Rear Bar with Double Jerry Can Holder and Spare Tire Carrier
4. LRA 40 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank
5. iKamper Skycamp 4X V2 Rooftop Tent
6. Rhino Rack Vortex Bar Roof Rack Crossbar
7. Rhino Rack Vortex SX100 Leg
8. 17x8 Rock Warrior Wheels
9. BFG KO2 Load RangeE 285/70/17 Tires (Front Mud Flaps removed)
10. Trekboxx System Alpha Drawer System
11. Energizer 4000W DC AC Inverter

Cooking:
1. ARB Fridge Freezer 82 Quarts
2. Worthington 6lb Aluminum Propane Tank
3. Power Tank 6lb Propane Tank Bracket
4. Partner Steel 2 Burner Stove 22 inch
5. Scepter 5 Gallon Water Container

Communication:
1. Garmin Overlander Navigator
2. Garmin Inreach Mini
3. Motorola MOTOTRBO SL300 2 Way Radio

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ztKJzsJ"><a href="//imgur.com/a/ztKJzsJ">LC200ER (Land Cruiser 200 Extended Range) Build</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
After long but thrilling incremental upgrades, my rig has finally got the cloth and shoes and is ready to tackle the Yukon Highway. What do you think?

Pictures

Instagram Account

Big appreciation to Ward from LongRangeAmerica;
Georg from Cruiser Brothers, Stockton, CA;
David from Trekboxx, Rancho Cordova, CA;
Mule Expedition Outfitters, Issaquah, WA ;
Staff at Rhino Adventure Gear, San Marcos, CA;
Art from Alpha Offroad, Valencia, CA.

Engine bay:
1. ARB Twin Air Compressor.
2. Slee Offroad Compressor Mount
3. Slee Offroad Dual Battery Mount
4. Odyssey Battery
5. Redarc Battery Isolator
6. Warn XP-S 9.5 Winch
7. Chinese Made Hidden Winch Mount

Body:
1. OME BP-51 Suspension Kit
2. ARB Summit Series Side Rails
3. Kaymar Rear Bar with Double Jerry Can Holder and Spare Tire Carrier
4. LRA 40 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank
5. iKamper Skycamp 4X V2 Rooftop Tent
6. Rhino Rack Vortex Bar Roof Rack Crossbar
7. Rhino Rack Vortex SX100 Leg
8. 17x8 Rock Warrior Wheels
9. BFG KO2 Load RangeE 285/70/17 Tires (Front Mud Flaps removed)
10. Trekboxx System Alpha Drawer System
11. Energizer 4000W DC AC Inverter

Cooking:
1. ARB Fridge Freezer 82 Quarts
2. Worthington 6lb Aluminum Propane Tank
3. Power Tank 6lb Propane Tank Bracket
4. Partner Steel 2 Burner Stove 22 inch
5. Scepter 5 Gallon Water Container

Communication:
1. Garmin Overlander Navigator
2. Garmin Inreach Mini
3. Motorola MOTOTRBO SL300 2 Way Radio

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ztKJzsJ"><a href="//imgur.com/a/ztKJzsJ">LC200ER (Land Cruiser 200 Extended Range) Build</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

View attachment 2204783

View attachment 2204784

View attachment 2204785

View attachment 2204786

View attachment 2204787
Looks great, and can’t wait to see pictures of you out there GETTIN’ IT!

I’m shifting my 200 to long range travel also. Maybe I’ll see you out there.

Saw some of your youtube videos

Can you do a review of some of the upgrades youve done and what you might do different?
Especially the suspension?

When are you going? If any time between April and September, it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO GET SOME SCREENED IN SHELTER. The mosquitos WILL nearly kill you.

Love the build.

Saw some of your youtube videos

Can you do a review of some of the upgrades youve done and what you might do different?
Especially the suspension?
Some of the featured new upgrades besides the listed would be 1. ARB side rails, 2. Front Runner Rack, 3. New 2725 rear springs instead of the previous 2723, 4. Kaon Rear Shock Guards, 5. ARB Summit Bar.

To get started, this 200 series is a purpose built adventure rig that isn't perfectly suitable to drive on the daily bases. After switching to BP-51, the first impression would be the worsened ride quality. The rig didn't ride as smooth like before, you can feel the bumps easily, although you can adjust compression and rebounds, but I can hardly get them perfected dialed for varying circumstances. Nonetheless, it is important to know this rig weights 8500lbs or more fully loaded, sure I miss the stock ride, but considering how much hauling and beating the BP51 gets everyday with so much added weight, I think it is doing hell of a job. If you are thinking of lifting and upgrading to the BP51, from my experiences, I would also consider swapping the upper control arm and adding the rear shock guards. The first for better alignment and the second for not losing the plastic rock guards. Once the guards are off, the 2 pieces retaining clips each side that hold the guards are so excruciatingly hard to put back.

In summary, suspension upgrades are crucial if you are building your rig to a heavier offroad oriented machine. If you are just going for occasion weekend tour in the mountains, I would actually prefer the stock ride. Those are just some of my thoughts and hopefully they help.

Cool

yeah my plan is Ironman foam cell pro stage 3
with performance level shocks
110# in from. And 0-660# in back
Airbag helper bags in rear to compensate for the variable weight. Daily driver to fully loaded towing.

Are you still running the airbag man helpers you had in your other posts?

I’ll have similar to what you have minus the RTT and Drawer system. But towing a patriot trailer.

Nah apparently those are the wrong parts for my applications, so they are off. With the 2725 rear springs, I don't really see the point of the airbags. They leak air gradually, and I had the manually inflate them.

oh wow, that is a serious matter then! Thanks for the tip!
Seriously. When the thaw happens, you'll see mosquito swarms that look like clouds. You'll have millions of them around you and your vehicle. Unbearable. Once you get further north, don't drive on pretty much anything that isn't a road. Read up on muskeg. It'll swallow your rig whole.

What’s the story on the Chinese hidden winch mount?

yeah your build is very similar to what I'm headed towards

How do you like the kaymar rear bumper?
I'm debating between that and the SLEE.

I think I'll be going with the Stage 3 Ironman Foam Cell Pro especially with the sale they having now.
Was debating the BP-51 which is probably a bit better and has the adjustability....But would be over $1300 more then the Ironman and that's without adjustable trailing arms and pan handle. And Ironman can be rebuilt at home with no nitrogen. But I do like those BP-51 and the Kings...

yeah your build is very similar to what I'm headed towards

How do you like the kaymar rear bumper?
I'm debating between that and the SLEE.

I think I'll be going with the Stage 3 Ironman Foam Cell Pro especially with the sale they having now.
Was debating the BP-51 which is probably a bit better and has the adjustability....But would be over $1300 more then the Ironman and that's without adjustable trailing arms and pan handle. And Ironman can be rebuilt at home with no nitrogen. But I do like those BP-51 and the Kings...
Kaymar is great, looks clean and OEM. Slee on the other hand is more customizable, you can essentially fit more gears on the back from the add on modules by Slee. I bought my 40gallon LRA tank in combination with my Kaymar so I got couple hundred dollars discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom