LC200 radiator replacement with labor cost? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got an estimate of like 1500 dollars, does this sound right? I've looked at several sources for the part and I know they mark that up, and there is labor, but it still seems pretty high.

OEM radiator shouldnt cost you more then $350. Installation time is under 3 hours. Buy your own parts and find a good independent shop. This should save you $600 or more.

OEM radiator shouldnt cost you more then $350. Installation time is under 3 hours. Buy your own parts and find a good independent shop. This should save you $600 or more.
This. It’s not a complicated job, and as long as the shop does good work and used factory parts and fluid there is no reason to spend 1500 on this work.

This. It’s not a complicated job, and as long as the shop does good work and used factory parts and fluid there is no reason to spend 1500 on this work.

If you are at all handy I would advise to do the repairs yourself. Between this forum and YouTube it would be a simple install. In hindsight i should have done the repairs myself but at that time I was new to the land cruiser and a little timid to tackle the project being that it's my wife's DD. Safe to say Those days are long gone. The look on her face when I was mid snorkel install was priceless.

Mine just needed to be replaced 3 weeks ago, but our aftermarket warranty covered it. Toyota dealership charged the warranty $1100, but that also included the water pump which they talked them into replacing.

Mine just needed to be replaced 3 weeks ago, but our aftermarket warranty covered it. Toyota dealership charged the warranty $1100, but that also included the water pump which they talked them into replacing.
Pretty smart to do the pump while you are in there.

My Toyota dealer did the radiator, hoses, and clamps (which are purportedly single use) plus 2 gallons of coolant for about $750. It was at about 76k miles, and the platinum VSA covered everything but the hoses and clamps.

Replaced myself with OEM radiator. Managed to not lose much transmission fluid, so didn't add any. Not a hard job, just be patient. Took a few hours at a slow and easy pace.

Agree with the above. Straightforward removal and installation. Attached is my receipt from Autonation S Austin (thanks @bloc for the tip!)

there is no reason to spend 1500 on this work.

IMG_0966[1].JPG

Funny you mentioned this. Going through paperwork from previous owner. Price seems good in Massachusetts huh

20200831_185730.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom