LC 200 mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still in baseline mode going through the rig changing all the fluids, filters and any other maintenance items to give me a solid base to start with. I will be doing the brakes next they are sketchy, squealing and I don't trust them. I'm going to try the TRD pads as some of the 200 guys say its an improvement on the braking and Mark at Team Toyota can get them for us with our discount. I also ran into the below video and increased capacity pan while researching flushing the transmission. After the brakes I'll order the large trans pan and filter and flush the oil clean.

Complete Transmission Flush DIY - VIDEO

PML Toyota AB60 Deep Transmission Pan

TRD High Performance Front Brake Pads, Mark at Team beat the best internet price I found :cheers:

Front - PTR09-0C111
Rear - PTR09-0C110

This part fits the following vehicles:
Toyota: LandCruiser 2008 - 2010
Toyota: Sequoia 2008 - 2017
Toyota: Tundra 2007 - 2018

I assembled the Prinsu rack last night, quality unit CNC cut aluminum and when its all assembled its a very solid unit. I really like the adjustability to slide the load bars around to fit what your mounting to it. Now to clean and wax the roof so I can mount it :cheers:
www.prinsudesignstudio.com

20180327_075932.jpg

20180327_075858.jpg

Last edited:
Very pleased with the mods so far. The suspension rides and seems to flex well on the trails. No rubbing at all when flexing over some rock obstacles. Tires are a great choice very quiet and good traction other than the mud of course I knew that but spinning them clean was enough to keep me moving through the Hawk Pride muck. Was nice having the Prinsu rack really like the versatility to configure it for the particular trip I'm taking. This trip I tied a couple canopies up there we didn't have room for. 1100 mile round trip up the trace to Mardi Krawl and back down and it was a pleasure to drive on and off the pavement. Build the drawer system, install the CB and Snorkel and the sliders are next on the to do list :cheers:

20180408_181448.jpg

imagejpeg_0001.jpg

What are those connectors you're using?

Heavy plastic joints used to build projects with this 1/1 inch aluminum. Cool stuff very sturdy and easy to work with I wish someone locally sold it but I couldn't find anyone. I'm gonna have to place another order for some more stock and a few more joints to build the drawers but I have enough to make the main shell. Gonna run by percy guidry to pick up a sheet of aluminum this week to rivet the exterior walls and drawers.

Here is where I'm ordering my materials.
EZTube | The Aluminum Framing System by International Designs

I got the idea from this guys 4 part video building his drawer system for his 100 series. Only difference is I'm leaving the 3rd row seats in and building it so it can be taken out and put in. I have family trips where I'll need the 3rd row seats.
Greg Tanner

Folks put together some sweet LC's this one looks like their AT35 with the additional bumpers.
Arctic Trucks
ac0e34e4a2af3c79008dcb9cfa197489.jpg
c87be9009bc672e20253eba93293246e.jpg

I really like the drawer slides this guy uses.

Land Shark Outfitters

Thanks for tip Jude I like the concept I'm going to see if they'll sell me a set. I have a set of the ball bearing type but they're too short for this one. I may use them to build a slide out for the yeti.
20180419_220851.png

Jude @Ole Colony have you found a resource to order the UHMW and guides from? I need the guide like KISS uses for the middle to support both drawers and can go with the single guide on the outer walls. Not finding a good source to order what I want. I need to build the slides to 36" so I can order the joints and cut it down myself or order them cut whatever comes out cheaper. Do you think Aluminum & Stainless Inc on HWY 90 would have that? Thats probably where I'll go to get a sheet of aluminum to skin the drawers and box.

A quote from a 200 owner talking about how beefy the components are on the 200 vs 100. I was just telling someone the other day its like working on a 3/4 - 1 Ton truck when you see the tie rods and the other beefy chassis components under these 200's. Not taking anything away from the 80's and 100's are solid as well but its a noticeable difference.

It's funny, when I had my 100 I was always impressed with how well built it was. But this 200... it is a whole nother level of beefy! Everything seems upsized in diameter and weight! What a beast! It's right up there with 1-Ton truck gear... but with Toyota build quality.

https://www.amazon.com/80-20-Bi-Fold-Hanger-Profile/dp/B012U6VNES

I have not found anything longer than 12”. I sent an email to KISS to see if he would set a kit without the plywood and have not hear back yet. This company may have it.

Thanks Jude I pulled up your link in Amazon and this 80/20 company may have what I need :) :cheers:

Center
https://www.amazon.com/80-20-Inc-T-...pID=519k6gG55sL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Sides
https://www.amazon.com/80-20-Inc-T-...rd_wg=ZgHmL&psc=1&refRID=ZV165FZX79795DHQRNE6

I'll just need to find the UHMW and I'll be in business :beer:

Try calling them. I believe they have the matching uhmw linear bearings.

Messaged them via Amazon, they returned my message with part numbers that were not available on Amazon poking the Net with those parts numbers brought me to Ebay clinked on their 80/20 store on Ebay and "POOF" all kinda goodness :cheers: take my money, placed my order :) went with the 10 Series 1x1 that matches the 1x1 tubing I'm using and the part# 6700 for the bearings. What I bought matches what they used in the KISS picture above. After this order I have a shade under $300 in material figure by the time i purchase the sheet plywood, sheet of aluminum, handles I'll have about $500 - $550 for the custom unit how I want it with similar or better structure than the ARB, Frontrunner, TJM or other priced at $1300 - 2000. I can live with that :D Jude I'll buy the beer for a hand when its time to cut out the top I can do it but usually :censor: it up a few times before I get it right.

The 80/20 Ebay store
8020inc | eBay

Jason at Trail Taylor's hidden front winch mount for the 200's. Depending on pricing this may fill the need until I can order the full front bumper. Quality looking unit :cheers:

IMG_20180503_124034800.jpg
IMG_20180503_124042326.jpg
IMG_20180503_124551965.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom