LC 100 rear axle o ring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LC 100 Rear axle o ring

I’m going to replace the rear bearings on my 2004 Lx with 500k km.
The left is howling!
It’s my daily driver and the dealership is estimating $1200 CDN to re & re
I found a used one with 78k miles on eBay for $200 USD + shipping.
I’m planning on replacing the oil seals.
I’ve search the web but can’t find the part number for the o ring between shown in the picture / file.
The dealership parts department have been super helpful and gave me 04412-60310 but that is for a axle kit.
Anywho, all I want is the part number for the o ring
Thanks any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Lx470 Oil seal and TBD Screenshot 2022-06-14 161754.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 40
LC 100 Rear axle o ring

I’m going to replace the rear bearings on my 2004 Lx with 500k km.
The left is howling!
It’s my daily driver and the dealership is estimating $1200 CDN to re & re
I found a used one with 78k miles on eBay for $200 USD + shipping.
I’m planning on replacing the oil seals.
I’ve search the web but can’t find the part number for the o ring between shown in the picture / file.
The dealership parts department have been super helpful and gave me 04412-60310 but that is for a axle kit.
Anywho, all I want is the part number for the o ring
Thanks any help would be appreciated
Did you try partsouq.com and entering your VIN to find the part number?

I think the rear axle ABS tone ring retainer must be mounted in properly (pressed in) so it rides on the new Oil seal. Check the sharpie test introduced by timmy the tool man for 3rd generation 4runners on youtube. It is crucial to get this tone ring in the correct spot otherwise oil can leak back into the bearing.

I was able to follow his video and get the rear axle bearings/seals done on my 3rd gen 4R. It's about 8K miles and no leaks!

See 48:33 on this video

Thanks nissanh
I’ve just watch the video and feeling very inspired. My plan at first, is to just swap out the existing for the used part. That’s why I’m looking for the o ring part number.
Next stop partsouq.com

I'm mentally preparing myself for this job. Took off the two rear brake calipers yesterday and they are both wet and smelly back there. How does one know when the rear bearings are going out? Do they give alot of warning? I hear nothing when I rotate the wheels/axles currently.

I’m no expert, but with my bearing I could clearly hear it wasn’t rotating quietly.
No noise is good news!
Probably doesn’t need doing.
When I did mine I ordered a used axle shaft off of eBay with bearings and assembly already pressed on / existing.
I never did find an o ring sold separately
The existing one came off ok and cleaned up with silicone spray.
The axle shaft was very straightforward replacement, it was more time doing the e-brake shoes and cable.

Before removing the axle shaft from the housing, try moving straight up and down: This movement should NOT give any play. You, however, can move the axle shaft parallel to the ground (straight in and out of the axle housing) a little bit.

If oil has entered into the bearings the grease may have been washed out. I think you can repack the bearing and reinstall the grase cap on the bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom