Largest Toyo AT3 to fit on stock LC and LX wheels? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will those fit on the stock Lexus wheels? If so that’ll be my next set of tires. Perfect size.

I’ve currently got 275 60 r20. No complaints but I’d prefer a 295 if I could get away with it.

Easily. There's no limitations of the stock wheels to fit as big of a tire as you want. They're easily stronger than most anything you'll find in the aftermarket.

The LX is also more accommodating to bigger and wider tires as a result of not having KDSS bar clearance issues, so no need to limit sizing to what the LC guys run.

Get the offset right (~35mm) and stuff big meats - full fat 35x12.5 tires here on stock LX wheels.

1615600324674.png

Easily. There's no limitations of the stock wheels to fit as big of a tire as you want. They're easily stronger than most anything you'll find in the aftermarket.

The LX is also more accommodating to bigger and wider tires as a result of not having KDSS bar clearance issues, so no need to limit sizing to what the LC guys run.

Get the offset right (~35mm) and stuff big meats - full fat 35x12.5 tires here on stock LX wheels.

View attachment 2612375
Oh that’s what I should have asked...will that fit with stock wheels and no spacers.

do you know if 295 55 r20 will fit stock Lexus wheels with no spacers? Because that would be an ideal size.

Oh that’s what I should have asked...will that fit with stock wheels and no spacers.

do you know if 295 55 r20 will fit stock Lexus wheels with no spacers? Because that would be an ideal size.

Ah, gotcha. It may be close to the UCA and will depend on the specific profile of the Toyo. As the Toyo is not as aggressive as some other tires, it stands a solid chance to drop right in without any rub. There's arguable reasons to use a mild spacer through, just as there's reasons to not.

If you can mount wheels, you can install spacers. If you have a torque wrench, that takes the guesswork out of it.

Cliff notes to install. It's a two pass process to ensure things take a proper set. Similar to what one should do when installing new aluminum wheels (without the Loctite).
1) Install spacer and torque to 125 lb-ft
2) Install wheel and torque to 97 ft-lb

After 50-100miles
3) Remove wheel
4) Re-install all lugs on spacer, this time adding blue Loctite. Torque to 125 lb-ft
5) Re-install wheel, torque to 97 ft-lb

I know the OP is about stock LC/LX rims, but if it helps for reference, I just mounted LT 285/70/17 C-rated AT3s today on RW rims and there is no rubbing - even in low mode.

Sorry to hear.
295/55R20 was a no go. Rubbing UCA and plastic. Back to drawing board.

Sorry to hear! It's probably just so close to fitting as a drop in. The plastics are almost trivial to address, but if it's rubbing on the UCA, then you'll want .75" spacers.

Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear! It's probably just so close to fitting as a drop in. The plastics are almost trivial to address, but if it's rubbing on the UCA, then you'll want .75" spacers.
285x60x20. 1” spacers, plastic trimming, removed front mud flaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom