LANDTANK performance MAF housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my MAF yesterday and it looks beautiful. Hopefully my ebay sensor arrives today so I can install this after work. In Washington I don't believe we have visual inspections like you guys do in California, but I will consider it when I smog in early 2010. I've thought about just reinstalling the old original setup if it was an issue, but I like your fake out method Beowulf!

What is the current price on the modified MAF sensor housing?

Just a heads up for those of you in California (and maybe other states) when it comes to smog inspections. When you remove the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator and plug off the connections, your vehicle is no longer compliant because it's been modified from the way it came from the factory - regardless of whether or not the mod has affected emissions. I failed visual inspection today because of this. However the guy I went to was quite nice when I explained what it was all about. He let me go next door to an auto parts store and grab 6" of 4mm tubing. I re-installed the vacuum control to the FPR, passed inspection, drove down the street for lunch, and then removed the hose and put back the plugs on the end of the vacuum lines. I'm just going to keep the hose in the center console from now on and reinstall it prior to an inspection.

I'm told it's possible to go to a special California Bureau of Automotive Repair "Referee Station" and have them exempt the FPR modification and then install a tamper-proof label saying that this mod is OK, if I can convince the the inspector that the modification will not adversely affect emissions. I may look into this in the future, but for now I'm busy with other projects.

Bad luck on the visual inspection. I just smogged mine in Sunnyvale a few weeks ago. No issue and passed with flying colours. Luck of the draw I guess. I'll have to remember to 'stealth' mine for next time :)

cheers,
george.

I installed the sensor and MAF housing before work today and I'm thrilled with the results. Just like everyone else is saying, it feels like the truck lost 500lbs or gained 20 horsepower. You really feel it in throttle response off the line and it pulls much harder in the middle of the rpm range. My slight idle stumble is completely gone. The installation was very easy with the provided instructions. I followed them all to the letter and when I started the truck with the new sensor, it fired right up and idled smoothly... I was at least expecting to have to go through a computer learning period.

Great product! After all shipping costs, I spent a total of $270 between the MAF and ebay OEM used sensor.

Rick,

PM sent. Hope there is one more.

PM sent. I'd like one.

FYI, just got a used sensor shipped to my door for $40, it is from a scion, P#22204-21010, they guaranteed it is good and paid with CC so hopefully all will be ok, I found the salvage yard on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market, a great resource I have used before......

Paypal sent, I cant wait, CEL came on and it saying its the MAF.

Paypal'ed ya. I'm using my parent's address because I don't want my wife to find out.:) Going to see if she notices a difference.:D

Paypal sent....one MAF housing, please!

Thanks!

installed yesterday and am really happy with the results, amazing how the engine runs even smoother now, pulls smoother up hill and downshifts smoother, I really don't even notice the tranny shifting now, It seems to even give it a little more power off the line for sure, overall well worth the $$, and I am a hard critic, I was a bit skeptical when I bought it, overall if you are looking for a huge power boost, this is not it, but it sure does help the engine run much better and overall perform better.......

Just got this marvel of aluminum milling. What a great piece of work! Thanks, Rick!

Can anyone post up the installation directions from Landtank? I received both my MAF and sensor today but did not get the directions in the package that Landtank sent me. I've sent him an email but no reply yet and want to get the install done tonight. Thanks!

Everything seems pretty easy but I have questions on the wire re-arrangement he speaks of in thread #1.

Last edited:
Thank you, I must give props to Landtank as he did return my email last night about 10pm on the Little Rock clock. Thanks to everyone for your posts, really helps alot. Landtank, great part and improvement, thanks for your effort. Got it installed and it threw code P0110 Intake Air Temp Circuit. Runs great, very smooth, checked the wiring all looks good, any thoughts?

Last edited:
if the wiring is correct then possibly the sensor. But if you did check the connections and happened to solve the problem you would need to reset the CEL to have it go out. So just because it's on doesn't mean it's still a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom