Ladies and gentlemen, we have codes. Need some advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did my driver side sensors a few months ago and I remember getting the sensors unplugged was the most difficult part for me. Make sure the truck is cold or the threads can be damaged. I dont remember needing to jacking it up.

I do mine from underneath. Big lift ftw

Rad rubber has new guards with all new clips for $50. My point was to follow the above. I replaced all my O2s coilpacks and plugs. So you can go big or just isolate the offending part. If the sensors don't fix it you can have a bad cat.
Thanks for the recommendation on rad rubber. Awesome product.

So, after 330 miles the p0420 (and pending p0430 and p0420) came back. Prior to now I had checked several times with no pending codes or anything. Superb. It was right after I filled up, but the cap was tight so that had nothing to do with it. I’m guessing the upper O2s need to be replaced at this point. After that, it’s cats...

May question is this... Is there a bypass for the emissions? Can I yank a fuse or something until I get them replaced? I plan on doing them soon, but I’d like to have access to all of the traction goodies in the meantime seeing as it’s already snowed here this year and the weather can change quickly.

Any options for me? TIA.

One last thought… It is possible that both catalytic converter‘s are bad. If that’s the case, would I be better off buying defouler plugs for the rear sensors and installing those? Would leaving less than optimal catalytic converters on the truck cause any damage to the vehicle? I’m guessing not.

Nobody on the non-fouler question? Optimal? No. Does it do the trick though?... That's my question. Has anyone done this on a GX, and what size hole did you use on the non-fouler?

Mode use a spacer that fits the OEM hole

I went with these little guys (installed the first last night. Didn't realize I was ordering a single, so I had to order a second...). The bonus with these is that they can be shimmed with inserts to allow for more or less airflow/exposure to the post-cat exhaust. I installed the middle size, but I think I might change that up to the bigger one and see if I can get by. I'd prefer to keep the integrity of the system as much as possible in the event the downstream O2 actually modestly contributes to fuel trims. Can't be too careful, I suppose.

Amazon product ASIN B07F7QFBGQ
Side note: You can get Amazon to help you find an installer who will help you put in the little "restrictor" for a mere $149.99/side. A steal!...depending on which party you are....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom