SOLD KS- 1996 LX450 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My son and I got bit by the wheeling bug a few years ago and went on a search for a clean, triple-locked 80. My best friend found one for us in Austin, Texas and we snapped it up. It was the real deal- no rust, low mileage and in excellent shape. The truck was completely stock and we had a blank canvas to build it up just the way we wanted it. We have wheeled it on about a half dozen trips and he has used it as his daily driver for school and work. This thing gets smiles, waves and thumbs up every time I take it out! He's going away to college and wants a sporty car to cruise around in, so we have to let it go.
The truck is in great shape- CarFax shows no history of accidents. The truck did get hit on the left rear corner while parked in front of our house, but the massive 4x4 Labs bumper took the impact and all we did was replace a cracked tail light. There are a few scuffs on the cladding you can see in the pictures. All the panels appear to be original to the truck and still wear their VIN stickers, but the hood and front fenders appear to have been repainted at some time. Like any 23-year old vehicle, there are little rock chips and scratches, but the paint shines up nice and looks very good from 10 feet away.
The truck starts, runs and stops great. Everything mechanical and electrical works as it should, except the front seats do not go forward. The trip odometer quit working a few years ago, but the actual odometer itself is fine. The A/C blows cold, and the Check Engine light has never come on while we’ve owned it (except when the battery was dead).

1996 Lexus LX 450
Current Mileage 144xxx
3rd owner - vehicle lived in Texas until we bought it in October 2015 with 135k miles
Front and Rear locking differentials

Upgrades/Mods:
OME lift and caster plates
Slee Shortbus front bumper
Engo 10K pound winch with synthetic line
Metaltech 4x4 sliders
4x4 Labs rear bumper with dual swingouts
Toyota CDL switch and pin 7 mod done
Transfer case skid plate
Snorkel
Pioneer Head unit with Bluetooth and backup camera
50wx4 power amp
Polk Audio 6.5" speakers in all 4 doors
Kumho 35 Mud terrain tires
LED interior lights
Swapped console for Toyota version- MUCH more storage
Cabela's seat covers on front seats to cover the worn/torn leather
Leather cover on steering wheel
Front windows tinted
Weathertech front floor mats
Louder horns!
Custom cooker over the exhaust manifold

Maintenance performed:
Front axle rebuilt with OEM bearings/races/seals
Diffs and transfer case fluids changed
Mobil 1 motor oil changes
Radiator hoses and PHH done and fresh Toyota red coolant
Thermostat
Alternator and battery replaced
Blue fan clutch mod with calibration and higher viscosity oil
New front and center diff lock actuators

I have receipts for just about all of the Mods and parts, as well as some service records from the previous owner
I can share a PDF of the full CarFax report with records documenting the miles and owners. Clean and clear Kansas title in my name.
Asking $19500 or best offer
Working on attaching the pics.

Last edited:
AC1078C2-32D3-4BAF-9957-042F3017982C.jpeg
640DCC24-B733-42D5-96EE-F3FF203DE39E.jpeg

37EB620B-2646-45A5-ADC1-6155D9120394.jpeg

53298E42-1067-4C6E-8968-BDF4F8F810DA.jpeg

4B769429-E8DD-4DFB-83F6-C9323EABA159.jpeg

What a deal! You did all the work, new owner just has to turn on the key and enjoy. GLWS.

GLWS! Curious, what did you replace the mudflaps with once the running boards were removed?
In the rear? I trimmed the mud flaps to clear the sliders.

I made a very boring video showing me operating all the dash switches, driving on the highway, activating and deactivating the lockers, etc.

Somebody is driving back home today very excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom