Knock from right side floorboard near wheel well???????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This happens while driving about once every week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not sure where you're from or what your rig looks like (it would be good to update your signature line and info), but I had chunks of ice jiggling that were stuck in the crevices of my sliders. They would make knocking noises.

Other folks have conveyed that the rubbery drapes that protect the shocks (seen inside the wheel wheel) can jiggle and make more noise than you would think they could.

Is the noise only after bumps or can it be heard on smooth roads?

Check the "something loose drivetrain" thread also going here. You are likely to be the loose body mount under the driver's seat. You have to pull up the carpet (remove plastic kick panel, etc) to get to the top bolt as it will spin it when you put a wrench on the other end under the truck. 90% confident.

DougM

Thanks for the replies. I have a 97 LX450 with 85k miles. I bought it a few months ago from Cali and had it shipped East. It is beyond clean. Just a few minor quirks like everyone else.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but can you say what you paid for it? And how much the shipping was?

I'll chime in on shipping if it helps at all. Called up some general car shipper company. Paid $600 door step to door step from Boulder, CO (80302) to Medford, OR (97504). Took about a week, most the time was waiting to the courier to get a truck in the area. I found have one there sooner raised the cost $100+.

This is was few years ago. It would have cost me more to fly, stay and travel not to mention take time off work than the tab... high or low as it may be (not sure).

Expansion of the exhaust joints. Happens after a few minutes of engine running (although not always).
After that initial noise doesn't happen again until after a cold start.
I don't notice everytime but it is quite distinct from any other noise and it's not related to speed, bumps, revs, had it happen while in park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom