KING Shocks! Best Pricing - 50 Popular Sets In Stock - IH8Mud Specials (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up buying a set of Kings from Filthy Motorsports. They were actually the best priced out of the vendors I talked to and responded first. So in the end I just ponied up the money and took one for the team.

Hate to say it guys.......this seems to be Chaz Moore.

DON’T SEND THIS GUY MONEY!!!

Here’s a little backstory:

I got wind of him when trying to figure out my situation with Battle Born Offroad.

IDK if there’s any affiliation between them, but Battle Born guy was the one who seemed to ‘fix’ the situation over on Tacoma World.

We might want to tag this Moore Racing company as a “buyer beware“ here - I guess the NV BBB has multiple claims against this Chaz Moore, and he at some point on Tacoma World started doing business under another name.

I became aware of him here:

Post #3 by @Vlad -is where I started wondering about Battle Born, but I’m updating that thread as my stuff is supposed to all be on my porch inside 2wks.

BUT - Screw sending Moore Racing your $$$.

@MRT Motorsports - are you Chaz Moore, the same one made so ‘popular‘ over on Tacomaworld?

Tell us who you are & where we can find your BBB rating, please.

Hate to say it guys.......this seems to be Chaz Moore.

DON’T SEND THIS GUY MONEY!!!

Here’s a little backstory:

I got wind of him when trying to figure out my situation with Battle Born Offroad.

IDK if there’s any affiliation between them, but Battle Born guy was the one who seemed to ‘fix’ the situation over on Tacoma World.

We might want to tag this Moore Racing company as a “buyer beware“ here - I guess the NV BBB has multiple claims against this Chaz Moore, and he at some point on Tacoma World started doing business under another name.

I became aware of him here:

Post #3 by @Vlad -is where I started wondering about Battle Born, but I’m updating that thread as my stuff is supposed to all be on my porch inside 2wks.

BUT - Screw sending Moore Racing your $$$.

@MRT Motorsports - are you Chaz Moore, the same one made so ‘popular‘ over on Tacomaworld?

Tell us who you are & where we can find your BBB rating, please.

Dodged that bullet. Thanks Linus!

Dodged that bullet. Thanks Linus!

I’m going to give the guy “benefit of the doubt” for the moment (Chaz Moore).

I want him to defend himself, and :::if::: it’s just a mere coincidence he’s from LV & exact same company name - I’ll give him a full apology, edit all posts I made here that are negative towards Moore, and ask forgiveness.
I’ll eat the crow, if it is proved out.
-Somehow I don’t expect that will be my actions upcoming though. ;)

Here’s a quick Google / BBB of MRT so you all know I’m not just repeating heresy or internet folk stories :

This is the correct user experiences for your company, correct Chas Moore?

Or is this pure coincidence & you can direct us to your company’s rating?

If he refuses to explain himself / goes silent & he’s the same guy from that Tacomaworld drama, I hope he gets blackballed as a “supporting vendor” -here on Mud.

Anybody here know of Chas Moore from Pirate or other offroad sites?
Any threads like the Tacomaworld thread on him there, or other auto forums?

———————
As a sidenote, the only affiliation I believe Battle Born Offroad has with this drama is that the Battle Born guy salvaged the situation that Moore Racing created.
As of this minute, Battle Born Offroad may be tough to reach live, but they are honest.
That’s my experience as a customer w/ BBO.

I don’t know any different, and I’m not out to badmouth any vendor recklessly.

Last edited:
I’m going to give the guy “benefit of the doubt” for the moment (Chaz Moore).

I want him to defend himself, and :::if::: it’s just a mere coincidence he’s from LV & exact same company name - I’ll give him a full apology, edit all posts I made here that are negative towards Moore, and ask forgiveness.
I’ll eat the crow, if it is proved out.
-Somehow I don’t expect that will be my actions upcoming though. ;)

Here’s a quick Google / BBB of MRT so you all know I’m not just repeating heresy lr internet folk stories :

If he refuses to explain himself / goes silent & he’s the same guy from that Tacomaworld drama, I hope he gets blackballed as a “supporting vendor” -here on Mud.

Anybody here know of Moore from Pirate or other offroad sites?
Any threads like the Tacomaworld thread on him there?

———————
As a sidenote, the only affiliation I believe Battle Born Offroad has with this drama is that the Battle Born guy salvaged the situation that Moore Racing created.
As of this minute, Battle Born Offroad may be tough to reach live, but they are honest.
That’s my experience as a customer w/ BBO.

I don’t know any different, and I’m not out to badmouth any vendor recklessly.

They haven’t been on here since November. There have been multiple members try to call, email, and dm with orders and no response. So I doubt they care. Granted this post was two years ago, but at least they could respond and let us know they are not a king vendor or don’t need the business.

I did take other members advice and reached out to Flithy Motorsport and Accutune Off-road who appears to be the main vendor on pirate4x4.

Both had great customer service. Accutune offers free custom tuning and retuning. However I ended up ordering from Flithy as I was able to get the same price with adjustable front and reach shocks as what Accutune charged without adjusters.

I did ask if they price matched or offered a club/group discount and was told the price is the price.

so if you need tuning Accutune is the way to go. If you want it basic like me, go with Filthy.

My goal is the next time Chas logs in here, he confronts the situation.

If he doesn’t, we’ll know exactly who/what people can expect in dealing with Moore Racing.

I ordered Bilstein shocks from MRT 4 months ago and only received rears. I’ve opened a dispute with my credit card company and hope they have more success is getting a response. Do not buy from MRT!

I ordered Bilstein shocks from MRT 4 months ago and only received rears. I’ve opened a dispute with my credit card company and hope they have more success is getting a response. Do not buy from MRT!

Thank you.

It appears we need to “pluck a weed” from our vendors.

I’ll wait for Chas Moore himself to come into the mix, but I lost $400-ish to a scammer known in the BMW community circa 1998-2000.

I felt dumb then, but now I got chub when we can collectively look out for each other - esp in a community like LC’s that gather as a serious cross-section of people.

To some - $2K on a card they can dispute is nothing - a fact I suspect these guys prey on.

But to some of us who “pay as we go” - esp using Paypal - $2K or any dollar value, if we just share experiences we can collectively compare - we can ‘look out for our own’.

Will the real Chas Moore please step up, please step up.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom