Builds KILL WHITEY. SqWADoosh's venture into a 80 build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to get off subject but as a member who owns an 80 and a 1st gen I gotta know what size and Brand of tire is on that pictured red 1st gen?!? Looks awesome.

Good luck with your current build. I’ll be watching. Thanks.

That truck utilized a low profile front hanger from all-pro with their 4" spring up front and their 5" spring in the rear. It was definitely your low and slow build. If I can make a recommendation though I would check out sky's springs instead as they are a better company to deal with (all-pro is kind of trash) and I've heard their springs are even better.

Got to work this weekend
nioJy58.jpg

5xDMBVi.jpg

ulrx5p9.jpg

tnsC51J.jpg

WhrbxVM.jpg

itJIESw.jpg

OPGewNG.jpg

q1QUu7t.jpg

4ut6hDN.jpg

uCTNwPD.jpg

Quite the before and after

GBZCSnu.jpg

soQE7en.jpg

Then today I put in my new Metal Tech upper and lower control arms.

xUANSwj.jpg

3hSQAwC.jpg

Bored and waiting for parts. Pulled out and emptied my spares and fluids bags today to get inventory and figure out the holes I need to fill.

Z9KlPmJ.jpg

Z9KlPmJ.jpg

Grats, looks like you are a man with a plan... you have done your research & wheeled with a few 80s already.
You are ahead of most 1st time 80 owners.
I'm looking forward to the build, kept posting.
What was the true height of the Pro Comp Muds, I know they run a bit taller then average tire.
-38 off set, is that like 3.5" BS?

Reactions: RFB
Grats, looks like you are a man with a plan... you have done your research & wheeled with a few 80s already.
You are ahead of most 1st time 80 owners.
I'm looking forward to the build, kept posting.
What was the true height of the Pro Comp Muds, I know they run a bit taller then average tire.
-38 off set, is that like 3.5" BS?

Yes they measure a true 37. Yes they are 3.5" BS.

Still stacking parts. Mainly waiting for @DylanICON to get my shocks done :hmm: and shipped to me. Got new exhaust done. Going to be having my Marlin gears put in week after next. Speaking of which is there anything I should have replaced while in there? Seals?

There are 10% under & overdrive gears for the High available for the Tcases also.

Last edited:
Nice build. Good choice of tires. Have the same tires. They were easy to balance, with minimal amount of weights.

How thick is the cargo mat, and is it a foam or rubber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom