kick out panels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D

Dirt_is_our_friend

I bought my 78 without looking it over.(ebay) and i cant get the kick out panels to open nor the vent. how is the setup in there? do they work with each other? i dont understand the purpose of them really.............someone please elaborate it for me. I am new to 40's and i dumb in the quest of them. I tried a serach but it didnt yeild what i was looking for............thanks pj! :D

You literally kick them.
They are spring loaded, once started they will spring out into place. They help summer ventilation when the hard top is on.
Not sure what vent you're talking about?

he's probably talking about the cowl vent.

pull/push the button above the heater box with the 3 squiggles on it to open/close the vent for fresh air flow.

have a good year y'all,
jonathan

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=9486;start=msg82999#msg82999 date=1072945078]
78 doesn't have functional cowl vent. Sometime in 73 or 74 they stopped making them functional.
[/quote]

I thought they had em til early 77?

my old 77 didn't have a cowl vent either.

the door kicks do wonders when hot...really does help with air flow....and with a bit of practice, you'll be opening and closing with yer foot in no time.

the hard part is opening the passenger side while your driving. But I am sure it would be tried by those who eat Bic Macs while they are talking on their Cell phone while driving. Those people drive with their knees a lot

Cowl vents ceased to be functional from the factory sometime before '74. They were ornamentally present until 77, IIRC.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=9486;start=msg83104#msg83104 date=1072982306]
Cowl vents ceased to be functional from the factory sometime before '74. They were ornamentally present until 77, IIRC.

[/quote]
ahhh ok! thanks everyone! i couldnt figure out if they were connected to the air intake system but they are not :doh: :cheers: i cant figure this out but my vent wont open. My heater works fine (whos fj heater doesnt work) but i can get the vent too

[quote author=Dirt_is_our_friend link=board=1;threadid=9486;start=msg83151#msg83151 date=1072991520](whos fj heater doesnt work)
[/quote]
Mine. :flipoff2: :D

My 74 cowl vent works

[quote author=romer link=board=1;threadid=9486;start=msg83065#msg83065 date=1072976763]
the hard part is opening the passenger side while your driving. But I am sure it would be tried by those who eat Bic Macs while they are talking on their Cell phone while driving. Those people drive with their knees a lot
[/quote]

And push the cluch in and shift gears too :D

[quote author=romer link=board=1;threadid=9486;start=msg83065#msg83065 date=1072976763]
[/quote]

I have a flashlight that I can open and close the passanger side with, only while stoped of course ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom