Builds Kennyao30's 2016 200 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! Just wanted to make a thread to document my 2016 200 build and share trips, pictures and mods with you guys. As an aspiring (amateur) photographer this build will contain lots of pictures!

So to start off here is my built 100 - Kennyao30's 100 build thread

IMG_0323.JPG

Here is my 2016 200 as she sits today, I purchase the 200 out of Texas with full dealer service records and not a spot of rust. The main reason for building our 200 is to get out with my family and make memories outdoors. We are a family who loves the outdoors, camping and traveling, so the 200 is the perfect vehicle to take us places. As a perfectionist and an OCD engineer I have a need to make things as clean and functional as possible, so that will be detailed here as well. Cheers!

IMG_1037.JPG

Modifications:
- ARB Summit front bumper
- King 3.0 front shocks and 2.5 rears
- OME 2721 rear springs
- SPC UCAs
- Redarc BCDC 1240D with SBI
- ARB fridge from previous build
- Slee Offroad Dual battery tray (odyssey group 35 battery)
- Slee Offroad ARB dual air compressor mount
- Slee group 31 battery tray w/ x2 power battery
- Falken AT3w tires 275/70/18
- Switchpros with SDHQ mount
- ARB dual air compressor
- Slee Sliders
- Warn Zeon 10-s Winch with Factor 55 fairlead
- Rock lights wired to dome lights
- Budbuilt rear shock armor
- Spidertrax 1.25" spacers
- ARB Rear Drawers (1 fixed top and 1 roller top)
- ARB 32 LED Intensity lights

To do/ to buy within 1-3 months:
- no immediate plans for mods

To do eventually:
- Rear bumper
- Skids
- ARB front and rear lockers
- Metaltech 4x4 lower rear links
- Roof rack
- Air tank and train horns - for giggles

Last edited:
Nice 100! Good luck with your new build. Should be fun.

I agree with moving shock armor up in the list. After spending all that on the Kings, I figure they're worth protecting!

- 33in tires on factory wheels - looking at km3s

Looks like you're going in the deep end. Don't stop at 33" tires. Go the full monty to a full 34" tire - 285/70r18 at 33.7" tall. The 200-series wears these well with almost no compromises from a 33" tire. It'll be the best suspension and lift you can do.

Looks like you're going in the deep end. Don't stop at 33" tires. Go the full monty to a full 34" tire - 285/70r18 at 33.7" tall. The 200-series wears these well with almost no compromises from a 33" tire. It'll be the best suspension and lift you can do.

I thought about it but I think I need a taller garage..... Im going to see the height after the kings to see how much room I have to play with.

I thought about it but I think I need a taller garage..... Im going to see the height after the kings to see how much room I have to play with.

Yeah, these vehicles start getting tall with all the tire, lift, rack... I don't know how much adjustability there is in the kings, but I'd recommend more tire lift and less suspension lift for a better handling vehicle.

You have an LR4? Can you compare it to your 200 and 100?

You have an LR4? Can you compare it to your 200 and 100?

Ya we have a v8 Lr4, my wife loves it.

For The LR4 there are some brilliant things/designs on it that I wish Toyota would pick up. Such as doing top mounted oil filters so that the oil change can be done in under five minutes. For the interior of the LR4 it has excellent visibility and a pretty open airy cabin. Everyone rags on the reliability of Land Rover but having owned the LR4 for about four years, we haven’t had any reliability issues. But it is true that Land Rovers are maintenance heavy. The lower control arm bushings are a big issue in LR4s but you can change them out with poly bushings and it’s a non-issue. Other things to watch out for are timing chain guides, but they were fixed in 13+ cars.

As far as comparing to the 100 it’s about the same space wise inside but drives way nicer in town and on long trips. The 100 has it beat as far as aftermarket modifications available.

Comparing the 100 to the 200 to the LR4. I can say that the build quality of the 200 far exceeds both the others. The 200 has a ton more interior room for car seats in the second row behind the passenger seat, which is good for our family situation. I can even sit behind the car seat on the passenger side and I have super long legs. I would say the ride quality of the 200 stock is on par with the LR4.

If you have any other questions of specifics just ask.

Started installing the ARB Summit bumper, this install isn't for the faint of heart. Overall the directions weren't as bad as I first thought but I wish they did show better pictures.

Template taped to the side wings of the bumper...... at this point I was thinking man I hope this is correct... turns out it was.
IMG_1065.JPG

No turning back now
Tools for cutting needed: cut off wheel on angle grinder, sharp utility knife and an oscillating multitool for precise trimming.

IMG_1069.JPG

Trimming the power steering cooler ducting
IMG_1067.JPG

Driver side trimming for mounting bracket
IMG_1068.JPG

Some things that the instructions don't mention are unplugging the radar sensor and front camera when removing the front bumper.

Also in the instructions for wiring the turn signals/clearance lights they have the color codes for the wires switched side to side (driver side directions are actually the passenger side wire colors) but they are correct ( I'm thinking they wrote these for an right hand drive LC)

I finished the install late last night so completed pictures to follow.....

Seeing pictures of the plastic bumper cut makes me feel like I'm sitting the dentist chair while he's going deep on a cavity with a drill. Makes me cringe

Great job, thanks for sharing

More deliveries today.
SPC upper control arms, 2723 OME springs, Slee group 31 tray, second battery tray and dual compressor mount came in.
C2D20C31-258B-4AB7-83F2-AB915BEA7ACC.jpeg
2D439C9D-DBE5-4190-A83A-61518C3CC969.jpeg

also got all the fuses labeled, I’m using bussmann fuse holders

If my experience (and a couple of others) is any indication, pay close attention to contact between the Slee compressor mount and the wires in your SAIC driver module harnesses. There seems to be a bit of a tight fit that wears the wires in the SAIC pump harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom