Builds Kennyao30's 2016 200 Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few updates... LCDC is in a few weeks so I got online and ordered a few things. I picked up some 2721 OME springs for the rear, since I'm currently rocking stock plus a spacer, also ordered two sets of spidertrax 1.25" spacers for all four corners. I had to go with spacers because the tires were rubbing on the remote resi line for the front king 3.0 shocks.

I figured I also needed to protect those pretty king out back so I picked up some bud built rear shock armor swell.... Bud is an awesome dude; talked to him for 10 minutes about life and engineering.

Over the weekend I got some general maintenance done, I ordered all the parts from the local Toyota dealer. I replaced the idler, spark plugs, tensioner, fan bracket, water pump, serpentine belt, thermostat, PCV valve and new cryogenic front and rear rotors. All in all the water pump is not hard you just have to remove a lot to get to it. I also took the time flush the coolant with new SLL pink Toyota coolant.

I also took some time to rebuild my front passenger side door actuator. I ordered the new motors from amazon and they were direct replacement for the motor that was in there. I used the thread on mud to rebuild them and these motors. 4 Pack - 10mm Flat Shaft...

Threads for R&R of door actuators that were helpful:
Failed Door lock R&R
2016 Door Actuator Broken??

tempImage57aLIk.png

Over the weekend I got some general maintenance done, I ordered all the parts from the local Toyota dealer. I replaced the idler, spark plugs, tensioner, fan bracket, water pump, serpentine belt, thermostat, PCV valve and new cryogenic front and rear rotors. All in all the water pump is not hard you just have to remove a lot to get to it. I also took the time flush the coolant with new SLL pink Toyota coolant.

I also took some time to rebuild my front passenger side door actuator. I ordered the new motors from amazon and they were direct replacement for the motor that was in there. I used the thread on mud to rebuild them and these motors. 4 Pack - 10mm Flat Shaft...

Threads for R&R of door actuators that were helpful:
Failed Door lock R&R
2016 Door Actuator Broken??

View attachment 2842058

LOL I had to do all four doors on my 2004 LS. Toyota is so slow to change 😆

Anyone have a lead on the group 35 battery mentioned in the Slee second battery tray instructions? Slee mentions the Odyssey 35-PC1400 but I can't find that battery anywhere.

I run the odessy group 35 - a local shop that supplies a lot of EMS departments stocks them. They're used in ambulances and fire trucks.

About a week ago I realized that I'm leaving for LCDC in two weeks so I decided to tackle some peace of mind maintenance items I've been putting off. I first started with installing a new radiator and flushing the cooling system, of course I went with the OEM Toyota radiator from the sale Toyota of Decatur did earlier in the year. I also installed a new Odyssey Group 35 battery to replace an old optima yellow top that was looking bloated. While the credit card was heated up I decided to order a few more parts for LCDC.... a shiny new set of ARB Intensity lights (Flood) for the front ARB bumper, a set of ARB drawers and to finish it off a yaseu ftm-400xdr ham radio.

I have most of the new parts installed except the ham radio, which is waiting on a few cables to finish the install.

I will add some picture soon.

Pictures from LCDC and monument valley on the way to Zion. We stopped at the spot Forrest Gump stopped running and went home in the movie.

LCDC was epic with lots of great trails. We got to reunited with friends from years before and made new friends in the land cruiser community.

Can’t wait till next year.

Pictures from LCDC and monument valley on the way to Zion. We stopped at the spot Forrest Gump stopped running and went home in the movie.

LCDC was epic with lots of great trails. We got to reunited with friends from years before and made new friends in the land cruiser community.

Can’t wait till next year.
Even if someone may have not stayed on the trail.

Looking at getting some Braid Winrace T rims but uncertain on what backspacing to order for a 34in tire (285/75/17). Anyone have some advice, I was thinking +35?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom