Kazuma SC is up and running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mts

Threads
Got the SC in the mail Friday afternoon. Started the install Saturday morning and finished it up Sunday morning. It took me a little longer than it should have because I took out the radiator in order to have room to use my impact wrench on the crank bolt. Overall it was very straightforward. I've installed several forced induction systems in the past and the TRD/Kazuma kit instructions and kit labeling were the best I've seen.

Big thanks to Cruiserdan! :bow: He sold me the SC (apparantly B's SC) :G and also gave me a copy of his install notes which made things easier. Except for the extra power and a little whine from the SC under boost you can't tell the unit is on the truck.

My aquamist water injection will go in next weekend (hopefully). :dunno:

Mike

Congrats Mike :beer:

You may find that it's so much fun that you can ditch the Miata and just race the LX!

I continue to ponder the SC option as well - previous comments on the kit indicated that some mods needed to be made to make it fit. &nbsp:Did you have any problems?

Cheers, Hugh

Mike,

What happened to the "funny" shop towel? 8)

He sold me the SC (apparantly B's SC)

:tear:

Mike,
I'm glad you got it before another dude in town or someone in our local club. &nbsp:Dan would let me look at the S/C (sometimes he'd let me touch it) any time I came in to buy parts so naturally, I was a little attached. I am better now, though the next trip to the Toy store will be bittersweet.

Apparently the extra packing material protected it well during shipment so just keep it. I'll bug Eric to send me a new thong.
-B-

Congrats Mike :beer:

I continue to ponder the SC option as well - previous comments on the kit indicated that some mods needed to be made to make it fit.  Did you have any problems?

Maybe I was pretty lucky or maybe its just all relative since I've done a couple poorly labeled, no instruction FI kits before. I really didn't have any problems. The biggest pain was removing the radiator so I could use my impact wrench, but the rappy-tap-tap of that crank bolt coming off in about 15 seconds made it worth it.

I did not have to grind down the fan studs as some others had to do. I did not have to cut and lengthen and wires as some others had to (though I would have if I needed another inch). I did have to cut down the rubber hose to the bypass like a others had to do, but that was easy. The only hard to *understand* part of the install Dan had already pointed out to me, so that was easy. I had to replace one of the metal claps that went over the rubber hose to the MAF(too small), but that was no big deal as I had a couple larger ones at the house.

Probably the biggest *irritation* to me was/is the crappy thick rubber hoses they use on the kit. I've seen these in several other Eaton kits and most everyone replaces them with silicon hoses which are so much easier to work with. I'll probably do the same. I had to lube them up pretty good to get them on and it made what should have been a relatively easy step a pain.

Mike

Mike,

What happened to the "funny" shop towel? 8)

Dan and B,

You know I didn't see that "funny" shop towel. I kind of forgot about it until just now. I didn't see it, it must have been in some of the packing material. I'll look for it tonight......unfortunately, I have already thrown out a lot of the stuff so it might be gone. :dunno:

B - You must get one of these kits. It feels OEM, its seemless in its power delivery, feels like a V8 now. This is how the I6 LC should have come from the factory.

Mike :beer:

Congrats on the SC. I think you'll find it adds a whole new dimension to driving an LC (or LX as it were).

Curious about the water mister thingy. What's it supposed to do? Does it behave a bit like an intercooler?

Tom

I am soooo jealous!! i want one!!! :cry:

now if i can just find some cash laying around,hey whats that under my couch cushions? nah just a bunch of lint,oh well!!!

congrats on the smooth install!!!!

doug

By the way......Cruiserdan and Photoman were doing water injection installs very similar to what I am doing.

Bill & Dan - What's the status? &nbsp:Dan, I think you were working on yours this weekend?

Mike :beer:

So far the only cooler I have on mine is a personal relief issue.

You guys have your misters up yet? C'mon, big junk gotta know. I still have cooling issues and will someday understand more about the other spark plugs and crapola. Just gotta find someone willing to write up in junk speak and not some mumbojumbo teckspeak.

Congrats Mike and thanks again for putting us on to this idea. Dan and I both bought a system and he is within a few wires of being done. Hopefully you and Dan will have some pics to share with us. Mine won't be installed for a good while as I am working on other things (bumper etc.) and I also have a SC part missing.
Bill

Um, Bill.

It's not missing, I can see it from here. Think of it as safekeeping. 8) If I can keep from shocking myself I should be a pumpin' tonite. :G

:beer: (after the job's done)

Dan

Mike,
Forgot something. It's a VERY good idea to protect your injector wires now where they go past the EGR valve now that you moved the throttle body and opened the wiring harness. They get brittle from the heat and things get ugly.
Bill

Mike,
Forgot something. It's a VERY good idea to protect your injector wires now where they go past the EGR valve now that you moved the throttle body and opened the wiring harness. They get brittle from the heat and things get ugly.
Bill

Good point, I'll do that this weekend when I'm doing the WI.

Thanks,
Mike
:beer:

Yeah, have my wires wrapped up in some super heat tape - could launch a rocket off it and they'll be fine. Just make sure you go overboard on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom