Kaymar rear hoops, bed liner sides...pix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to adding some hoops to the rear Kaymar to protect the quarter panels a little. Had 'em fabbed up by a local club member here in Nor Cal. I'm pretty happy with them...they probably won't support the weight of the truck if pitched over badly, but they will certainly fend off errant rocks and trees. Gotta love that long wheelbase!
The bed liner was sprayed on by a "super liner" vendor locally, ran $240. Looks to be very durable.

Sweet rig Boom! Do you have a closer pic of the hoops? Seems like a good price on the liner. And is that a custom slider also?

The spray on bedliner looks badass. Should've done the WHOLE car as a paint job :slap:

Anyways, the rig looks awesome gj! :cheers:

Scott, nyk438...thx. We had to cut a notch in the x-bar to clearance the side lights. Otherwise, I would need to remove the entire bumper to change a 50 cent bulb. The notch was then plated with a 90 degree piece of pipe, cut to fit, and welded into place. If anything, it may be stronger than the surrounding material.
The super liner is good stuff. I'd do it again. One caveat...it has alot of uv protection, which is a good thing. Problem is, its pretty shiny, and doesn't seem to fade much. I guess I just need to keep it dirty :)
Oh yeah...those are Ken Hanna's sliders. Very beefy, and they have put up with alot of abuse so far. I can't imagine not running with sliders...they would be my first purchase after bringing home a new rig. Whether you go with Hanna, Slee, or other, its worth it.

Looks great! Another advantage of the Superliner is that they can match your factory paint if that is what you want. I've seen them match the dark emerald green metallic on Dodge pickups. I really like your tutone look with the blue. One disadvantage of doing the whole rig is weight and another is heat. Especially the hood and front fenders can cause overheating issues. There is a guy in a local Heep club who did his whole rig and it immediately started overheating. He replaced his hood and the upper part of the fenders and it has seemed to go away. He did cheat bit more as he louvered the hood to let the heat out.

slow60...any lower and I wouldn't clear the speed bump at my local Starbucks...that sucker is HUGE...
BTW, does your name imply that there are FAST 60's?? ;)

Superliner looks great. Did you prep yourself or did they do it? How's the texture? Stiff or rubbery?

Thanks.

If you call running it through the car wash "prep", then yes, I prepped it. :flipoff2:
They did all the work...taped everything off, then sprayed an under-liner (like an adhesive for the super liner), then applied the super liner. Texture is very textured (I like it), and pretty tactile (rubbery). Surprising, because it seems real thin to me...about 1/16th of an inch, maybe less, and extremely uniform thickness. I chose the black, but they have all sorts of colors, and can match paint. They even offer metal flake :rolleyes:
This is tough stuff. I don't think a tree branch will ever scar it, and it looks like it will resist most rock strikes. Not sure yet how it will behave once dented.
Mike...coming out for the "80's on the Rubicon" this year?

If I see one more of these I may be forced to begin my spray job.

I envision the same skirt as what you have done, plus the center of my hood and the entire roof.

My paint is faded in those last two places so it makes for a good excuse :D

Thanks Boom. Will have to find someone local so I can get a hands on feel of the superliner.

Would like to make the 80's con trip this year. Health issues kept me from wheeling most of last year, but finally got a medical clearing last week. No more big C for me, just I just gotta deal with the looney tunes and I'll be back 100% to just being a d#@khead. :D Hopefully will be working by the time the con trip comes around, but if not will likely be there. Contrary to all my joking posts, I'd really like to see the wheeling in the west. Looks like a lot of fun with a lot of great folks. Right now I'm looking at taking a really long plane ride to take a light international wheeling trip.

Definitely got to do some type of liner spray in the next month or so.

Mike...Jeez, man, congrats on the medical front! I knew sumptin was up when you bailed on last year's trip...no worries, though, as we honored you by hurling insults at each other in your absence :flipoff2:
Seriously, glad everything's OK, hope your feeling alright.
Enjoy a few :beer: :beer:...you earned 'em
John

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=9624;start=msg86096#msg86096 date=1073476524]
If I see one more of these I may be forced to begin my spray job.

I envision the same skirt as what you have done, plus the center of my hood and the entire roof.

My paint is faded in those last two places so it makes for a good excuse :D
[/quote]

MUST see the roof, I've thought about that one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom