JW Speaker LED Headlight upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They put out more light and have a better beam pattern then a DOT approved lense. I've asked cops about them and they couldn't care less.
Where you got your info from?
That's a big claim to make..and if that's the case why would they not be DOT legal?
I used a cheap chinese set up like that, with a ballast and bulb, but the spread was no good and although in SoCal. I too got caught on a few down pours in Co and AK where the housing ended up with about 1" or water inside them......

It doesn't MATTER to me
Sure it does...!!!

I run the round beams, and like them a lot, but LOVE them more when driving out in the open hwy where there is no other light source....
The spread is awesome. On my last trip I had two instances where I was able to see deer way ahead of me, both on my passenger side. That alone made these light worth the price. I have a 20 light bar, but it does not get used much with these headlights...(we are talking off-road, of-course).

I also had to reverse the wiring, which was simple by just crimping the terminals so they slide out of the connector.
could you show how you did this?
i wonder if it is any diffferent for an fj60 series.
Im not good at wiring, so I ended up getting a separate wiring harness....

@MANUCHAO These are NOT cheap Chinese lenses. The lenses are made in Germany and are stamped on the glass lenses. The housing is only as good as the seal. In which the Hella's I chose have a great seal. I just chose to ditch the standard halogen filament bulbs for something else.

I wish I could place Bosch Led lights instead of a Japanese light but needless to say the lights work. Look great. Have the ability for me to spot deer, elk, and ram from much greater distances.

The difference between DOT(US, Canada, Mexico) & ECE (the rest of the world) in one piece of the nutshell, is that there are sharper cut offs of light in a low beam setting. Thus the lights project further and have a more distinct cut off vs. DOT lenses that produce a fuzz at the edge of the light pattern.

Some call this a "euro beam" pattern.

Here's the deal on my setup which is just as if not brighter then the truck lite setup:

I have an HJ61 running 24v

24v sealed beams are a pain in the arse to source so I went LED

Lifetime LED's H4 are priced at $79
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MOR4CFQ/ref=twister_B00MOR4CHO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Combined with a Hella Conversion kit for $99
Hella 003177801, Hella Halogen Headlight Conversion | Hella

These lenses are NOT DOT approved but are legal in Canada. They put out more light and have a better beam pattern then a DOT approved lense. I've asked cops about them and they couldn't care less. If you really have someone at your DMV checking out your headlights you should go elsewhere.

That's $179 for everything delivered to your door.

Simply cut open the dust boot cover a little and your golden.

Plus it's warrantied for 2 years.

I have used this setup for over 6months through epic snow storms, fording rivers, and anything in between. No questions asked this setup has performed excellent for me. I honestly don't even bother turning on my high beams. I used my Rigid Hyperspots for that duty.

My system puts out a hair over 24 volts which fries most LED's and these have performed excellent for me.

Just my 2 cents.
Did you do this for the high beams or low beams? I'm looking at replacing my low beams to start off with, but have H4 housings already installed in the HJ61.

Did you do this for the high beams or low beams? I'm looking at replacing my low beams to start off with, but have H4 housings already installed in the HJ61.

Just the lo's.

I honestly don't even bother putting on the high beams. I just flick the switch on my Rigid ultra spots and use those as hi-beams.

FYI these things have really dropped in price and they're guaranteed through Amazon and the retailer for 5 years.

I'll take some night photos this evening if you'd like.

This is at 8pm in Colorado.

I'll be out in the desert tomorrow and will take some distance shots.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi, regarding an upgrade to a FJ62 (1989) can someone confirm that the latest JW Speaker Headlights Model 8800 Evolution 2 , both Low and High beam are direct "plug and play" and do not require modification to the OEM connector/wire harness, and that all four lights will stay on when in High Beam Mode? Thanks in advance much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom