justdashes.com - Any Reviews or feedback? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try to order a new one from Partsouq. I got a brand new one for my 88 for $450 I think.
You happen to remember the part number? I'd love to go new OEM to replace the pad in my 62.

Sorry, it was Megazip, not Partsouq. I ordered it last August.
55401-90A05-03Pad Sub-Assy, Instrument Panel Safety ToyotaUS $364.64 ×1 pcs.US $364.64

They do a great job, Had them redo my Chevelle dash years ago. Called for the 60 and 1200 was more than I was willing to spend.
Found a solid used one with 1 small crack that I can fill and paint later.

pulling the dash pad from memory,
remove gauge cluster,
remove glove box,
loosen the hvac bezel, doesn't need to be removed all the way,
remove the screws on the side door defroster vents,
there are either 2 or 3 10mm nuts along the firewall, under the windshield, behind the guage cluster and behind the glove box,
there are no nuts in the center of the dash pad, there are 2? clips that will slide out when removing the dash pad.

Thank you!

What are your thoughts on pay back with the dash pad?
I am contemplating selling my 60 and other than my air conditioning, I feel like my dash pad is the last major fix that my 60 needs. I feel that if I were to put $1,200 into the dash alone I probably would not see a dollar for dollar pay back if I do sell it.

Sorry, it was Megazip, not Partsouq. I ordered it last August.
55401-90A05-03Pad Sub-Assy, Instrument Panel Safety ToyotaUS $364.64 ×1 pcs.US $364.64

This appears to be the Sepia brown, right? That's the color no one else can seem to get. Did you get the 'side defrosters' with yours?

Steve

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on pay back with the dash pad?
I am contemplating selling my 60 and other than my air conditioning, I feel like my dash pad is the last major fix that my 60 needs. I feel that if I were to put $1,200 into the dash alone I probably would not see a dollar for dollar pay back if I do sell it.

Nope you would see like 20% of that. Which in this case, I would order a cap from someone like CruiserCorp.
My first one UPS crushed it. CC sent one out then next day no charge. While I am not a fan of the of the cap, it will hold till I get around to fixing up the spare.
For something I am selling, I would just use it and maybe not glue it down, giving the new owner an option.

Nope you would see like 20% of that. Which in this case, I would order a cap from someone like CruiserCorp.
My first one UPS crushed it. CC sent one out then next day no charge. While I am not a fan of the of the cap, it will hold till I get around to fixing up the spare.
For something I am selling, I would just use it and maybe not glue it down, giving the new owner an option.

Good advice, Thank you

Does anybody have pics of your Cruiser Corps dash cap? Any good or bad feedback on this product?

The aftermarket dash caps are very 'wood grainy' in my opinion - moreso than factory. Other than that, they are fairly attractive and color match is decent.

RE: gluing - I popped a dash cap on my FJ55 dash, and it sat there perfectly without any glue. It also never warped. This would not work on, say, an FJ40. But, it might work on a '60. The only fear is that the cap might warp badly on the first hot, sunny day, and then gluing would be mandatory and more difficult.

The Cruise Corps looks like a decent risk at $130. But now I can't tell if I want gray or black. My stock dash is obviously gray but the gray on the CC website looks way too light compared to mine. Does anybody have an actual pic of a gray cap from CC?

Here is my gray dash, black would look better than a real light gray but I don't think black would look right.

Yep they match using SEM paint. Mine is as close to OEM, the page does not show it well. I can send a pic tonight.

Yep they match using SEM paint. Mine is as close to OEM, the page does not show it well. I can send a pic tonight.

Did you happen to buy the gray?

Should give you an Idea,
It is close but not exact. It is close enough for something you are selling.

P1180740.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom