Just got my own LX 470! (2002) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a 2002 LX 470 that I'm really looking forward to having as my new daily driver! Currently driving a Grand Marquis that I'm in the process of selling now as even though I loved that car I missed the feeling of my GX that I had to get rid of. But instead of just going back to the same truck I figure I give the LX a try especially since I absolutely love it in white.

It's got a few things that need some TLC like a sensor in the AHC system needing replacement but thankfully the seller is actually giving me the sensor he had ordered for free. He gave me a container of AHC fluid for free as well. The back end has a tolerable but bouncy ride since he had disconnected the current sensor to prevent it from riding very high and apparently a lot worse.

When turning it almost sounds like the turn signal stock or some other plastic piece is jumbling around a bit.

Interior has a good amount of wear and tear so definitely going to get some seat covers to make it look much nicer. As the driver's seat looks like it went through World War 3 but it's surprisingly still very comfortable!

There's a leak in the windshield to where wind noise comes through. I poured water all over the windshield and the stripping around it and nothing came in that I could see so that's great but the little bit of wind noise at lower speeds is bothersome for it being a Lexus. I assume it's a windshield job having not been optimally done.

I love the white on these but this one has some paint flaws that I'd just want touched up at a body shop near me.

And last and probably least, the wipers seem to rest a bit high? Or maybe it's just me! Anyway I'm really excited!

IMG_20220208_153842.jpg
IMG_20220208_153852.jpg

Very nice!

You'll definitely want to peruse these three threads with regard to your AHC and possible headlight upgrades.

Did you ever figure out the wind noise?

Did you ever figure out the wind noise?
Little masking tape over the window seals can help narrow it down. Tape off the edges real good and if the noise doesn't go away maybe it's coming from a different area. I replaced all the seals and my wind noise didn't go away. I blame my hood and maybe even bumper.

Little masking tape over the window seals can help narrow it down. Tape off the edges real good and if the noise doesn't go away maybe it's coming from a different area. I replaced all the seals and my wind noise didn't go away. I blame my hood and maybe even bumper.
I was certain my wind noise was due to the bad rear hood seal. Replaced it with a new one and no change :( I am going to put in a new front hood seal as it is pretty well worn out. Everything is intact around the windshield and it has never been replace nor does it leak. I thought that it might be the air moving past the windshield wipers or side mirrors? I don't know....

I was certain my wind noise was due to the bad rear hood seal. Replaced it with a new one and no change :( I am going to put in a new front hood seal as it is pretty well worn out. Everything is intact around the windshield and it has never been replace nor does it leak. I thought that it might be the air moving past the windshield wipers or side mirrors? I don't know....
I'm in the same boat as you, I'll use you as the test subject to see if the new front hood seal helps. I like the tape concept , maybe tape off front of hoof and see if there is a difference. IDK then again it didn't really help me narrow down my noise. For some reason it doesn't bother me much, have other little quirks to focus on for now.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'll use you as the test subject to see if the new front hood seal helps. I like the tape concept , maybe tape off front of hoof and see if there is a difference. IDK then again it didn't really help me narrow down my noise. For some reason it doesn't bother me much, have other little quirks to focus on for now.
I'll certainly follow up.

Noises bug me, so I like to try and resolve them. I've had for as long as I can recall and it clearly doesn't bother enough as I usually just ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom