Just drove an LX600 F-sport (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks for the updates, what do you think about the two screens for the infotainment or 4wd function display thing? It seems a bit too much, do you like it?

thanks for the updates, what do you think about the two screens for the infotainment or 4wd function display thing? It seems a bit too much, do you like it?
Initially I thought it was a lot, but the lower screen isn't busy, and tastefully displays either climate or drivetrain things that are useful.

The large upper screen is great. Crystal clear, touch pad is as good as my iPhone for swiping and menus are easy to navigate.

Forgetting gas mileage this engine is more satisfying than the old V8??

The 5.7 has so much personality might as well name it, like a person. Intoxicating rumble. Massive NA torque down low. Digging into the gas from rest (to make a quick move in traffic for example) is so, so satisfying. And the sound.... One of the best V8 rumbles I've ever heard. I've heard a lot.

No
Forgetting gas mileage this engine is more satisfying than the old V8??

The 5.7 has so much personality might as well name it, like a person. Intoxicating rumble. Massive NA torque down low. Digging into the gas from rest (to make a quick move in traffic for example) is so, so satisfying. And the sound.... One of the best V8 rumbles I've ever heard. I've heard a lot.
No denying the 5.7 is a great engine.

Technical details of the 3.4T

This has not been a reliable motor in the LS500 so far. I've been in an LS500 and it's not very pleasant sounding or feeling either.

It's a hard sell to think a LC/LX300 will tick to 350k with zero engine trouble compared to the old V8. I mean, the fanciest thing the 5.7 V8 has is 25 year old VVt-I technology that is oil actuated. It's a ridiculously simple, low stressed motor.

This has not been a reliable motor in the LS500 so far. I've been in an LS500 and it's not very pleasant sounding or feeling either.

It's a hard sell to think a LC/LX300 will tick to 350k with zero engine trouble compared to the old V8. I mean, the fanciest thing the 5.7 V8 has is 25 year old VVt-I technology that is oil actuated. It's a ridiculously simple, low stressed motor.
Agree, the 5.7 (and the 4.7 for that matter) are really wonderful engines.

That being said, I really enjoy the version they put in the LX600. It is quiet, capable, and a dream to drive. If it is reasonably reliable, I'll be tickled.
70E42E10-270A-4481-8532-74FC254150EF.jpeg
A74759A4-53C4-4CF7-953C-848FE4DE4D5E.jpeg

Agree, the 5.7 (and the 4.7 for that matter) are really wonderful engines.

That being said, I really enjoy the version they put in the LX600. It is quiet, capable, and a dream to drive. If it is reasonably reliable, I'll be tickled.
View attachment 3063687View attachment 3063688

Yes, that's a beautiful truck. The local dealer here in Knoxville is asking $170,000 for the LX they have. That's ridiculous but it really does add to the cachet an LX holds, also gives it a dose of exclusivity. LX always has been a niche vehicle. I doubt Wagoneers are going for 70k over retail.

Glad you like it! Beautiful truck. I LOVVVVE the way they look; I'd like to buy one down the line possibly.

We test drove the demo LX600 F Sport at our local dealer earlier today. While I was impressed with the new seats and tech I wasn't wowed by the power train nor was I super happy about the space in the first two rows. The cargo area is an improvement but I felt like the hood appeared to be longer and harder to see over than the 200 series.

If we were to order one it would like be a Premium with the Appearance Package, white with the peanut butter brown interior. The jury is still out as we are still considering the Sequoia and a few other mild interests in other categories.

zp4rZTK.jpg

Didn't feel too overdone. I like the look (see photo of my current Tacoma below). I'm buying to drive daily while I use my taco for off roading and overlanding. But in 5-10 years, I'm hoping to build the lx600 into another rig, and not having to mess with the ahc or limited slip diff steers me away from the f sport.
View attachment 2961436
I just got a sneak peek at the F-Sport. I did not find the interior pimped out at all, actually somewhat understated with an aluminum-look trim. I should have gotten a better pic of the wheels but not too bad. I like the grill better than the regular version.

IMG_4550.jpeg

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4555.jpeg

IMG_4575.jpeg

You should see the red interior, it was atrocious, IMHO. The black grille of the F-Sport and Premium Plus packages is nicer than the standard grille but again, it's a piano gloss black which I am not a fan of. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.....

Picked up my F sport today. Atomic silver over black interior with AHC. First impression...doesn't feel like it has any connection to my 2016 Landcruiser. Smooth power and ride, QUIET, tech seems pretty good. Not lacking compared to my wife's V8 BMW X7 except when going around a curve and leg room in the back seat. I do love the Landcruiser and its personality, but this a totally different car. I think I like it.

7000 mile update:

Just got back from a 3000 mile trip to the Adirondacks and back. No snow, but plenty of rain, gravel, washboard roads, and of course hours and hours and hours of highway driving.

Other than a dash squeak (fixed with a little piece of rubber pressed into the driver's front tweeter speaker cover), the LX600 performed flawlessly. Averaged 22.6mpg driving about 75-78mph, would have been 23.5 except for some mountain driving around Lake Placid and the high peaks wilderness. Super comfortable for driver and passenger alike, sound and infotainment systems worked well. Adaptive cruise control and steering assist were a little too safe for my preference, but worked well.

Best of all, other than fellow LX or Landcruiser owners, it's doesn't seem to turn heads that much. It's doesn't seem to be a big status statement, and so I can enjoy the nice ride without drawing undue attention.

They are definitely more “subdued” or subtle than one would expect.

You and I are in very similar situations in life (my kids are 6, 5, and 3), and I off-road all the time. However, I have a dedicated off road vehicle (2020 Tacoma), and my wife drives a 2019 GX that is on its way to being an overlanding rig.

Long term plan:
1) Dual vehicle adventures currently, boys in the taco, girls in the GX, roof top tents for both
2) lx600 for my daily driver
3) 10 years from now, when my kids are driving, the boys will the truck, girl will get the GX, and I'll trick out the LX600 for overlanding for me and my wife. She'll probably be having fun in some electric or nuclear powered hovercraft by 2035 :).

Regarding the LX570, I have a confession: I'm a total car junkie. I test drive vehicles all the time, my dad owns a dealership, and so I've had the privilege of frequent passes with vehicles. I'm also a Toyota/lexus fan, with occasional forays into the jeep world, usually quickly back into Toyota/lexus after the frequent trips to the jeep dealer get old. So yes, I've driven a newer LX570 within the last 18 months.

And I get 22 mpg highway, 16 in town on the LX600. I drive like a 16 year old in a corvette, and typically get worse gas mileage than everyone else.
What’s the fuel range you’ve been seeing before fuel up?

Around town, racing back and forth to the hospital for emergencies, I get 13-15mpg, and have to fill up about 200-225miles. The additional potential of quiet highway driving takes it to nearly 400 miles. (And the math confirms that: 18gal x 13mpg =234. 18 x 22 = 396). I usually fill up before I run the 20 gallon tank completely dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom