Just drove an LX600 F-sport (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Around town, racing back and forth to the hospital for emergencies, I get 13-15mpg, and have to fill up about 200-225miles. The additional potential of quiet highway driving takes it to nearly 400 miles. (And the math confirms that: 18gal x 13mpg =234. 18 x 22 = 396). I usually fill up before I run the 20 gallon tank completely dry.
200 miles. Just like a 5.7 V8!

Just had a base model become available after those in front of me declined due to no adjustable suspension, no heated steering wheel, and no cooled seats.

Going to test drive this weekend, good chance I'll purchase what appears to be the USA Landcruiser.
On the base model, what is the approximate price? I have seen some really high numbers, almost double the price of my when new 2021 new LC which as $84k.

On the base model, what is the approximate price? I have seen some really high numbers, almost double the price of my when new 2021 new LC which as $84k.
My dealership gave it to me for msrp -$600. $90,000. But there's a year wait, so if you want to buy one used, folks are marking them up.

We test drove the demo LX600 F Sport at our local dealer earlier today. While I was impressed with the new seats and tech I wasn't wowed by the power train nor was I super happy about the space in the first two rows. The cargo area is an improvement but I felt like the hood appeared to be longer and harder to see over than the 200 series.

If we were to order one it would like be a Premium with the Appearance Package, white with the peanut butter brown interior. The jury is still out as we are still considering the Sequoia and a few other mild interests in other categories.

zp4rZTK.jpg
This same demo vehicle was available for sale this week. I passed on it due to just purchasing an x7 in October and getting killed on the trade in.

This same demo vehicle was available for sale this week. I passed on it due to just purchasing an x7 in October and getting killed on the trade in.

The Atomic Silver isn’t one of my faves and then add in that horrid red interior touches and it’s just not a combination I could ever get with. I figure it’ll sell quickly given the lack of LX600’s available.

The X7 is a great drivers suv and if you went with the M50i, the power and sound will never get old. The B58 in the 40i is pretty dang reliable though.

The X7 is a great drivers suv and if you went with the M50i, the power and sound will never get old. The B58 in the 40i is pretty dang reliable though.
I'm sure it's an awesome vehicle, but my friend here in town bought one for his wife, and it has already left her stranded on the side of the highway overheating...with only 5k miles on the odometer.

I'll stick with my LX.

BMW and reliable are two words that should never be used in the same sentence lol.

BMW and reliable are two words that should never be used in the same sentence lol.
lol! Well, I’m not saying they are Lexus reliable by any means but we’ve had our share of them and they have never left us stranded. Just sell them after 100k miles.

I'm sure it's an awesome vehicle, but my friend here in town bought one for his wife, and it has already left her stranded on the side of the highway overheating...with only 5k miles on the odometer.

I'll stick with my LX.
Aren’t you already having Transmission issues with your new 600? BMW does have its issues and being stranded would suck. However, we as a family test drove the Lx600 that was a ridiculous $46k over msrp it was pretty disappointing if I’m being completely honest for the price category. The rear seats still fold up agains the front seats(old design, not practical) and you can’t slide the rear seats for additional leg room. Volume controls and overall tech is still dated for a luxury suv. It also seemed more plasticky compared to previous LX, however the new LX seems quieter overall which is great. The big negative besides crazy over asking was the limited front and 2nd row passenger space. Since we have a 200, the LX was going to be our road trip hauler but it misses on almost all categories compared to a 2020-22 X7 M50i. The X7 is still quieter as well but roars like a monster when you step on it. Just have to make sure to buy a long extended warranty that you can’t get for $5500 125kmi 8yrs. So, price of admission is still much cheaper then the LX600.

Go on the bimmer forum and you’ll see most longer term X7 owners are very happy without any issues. Just don’t buy the new X7, it’s a pile of poo until they work out all the LCI issues.

Last edited:
The Atomic Silver isn’t one of my faves and then add in that horrid red interior touches and it’s just not a combination I could ever get with. I figure it’ll sell quickly given the lack of LX600’s available.
Concur. I was hoping for Black or White fsport. It sold to the next on the list. At this point, I am going to hold out for the GX550.

I'll stick with my LX.
Kind of missing my 200 LC. (had both 2017 and 2018)... Just wish the 200 series had more up date tech, heads up display and massage seating would be nice. :)

Transmission isn't broken, just a programming 1st born twitch that I expect will be worked out soon. Don't know for certain, but expect it to be as reliable as previous LX's.

But yes, I'm sure the X7's are great. Nice to have choices.

I have a base model for $89,400, and at that price point I think it measures up just right. Paying $150,000 for this vehicle would certainly not be worth it. Would be jumping into a new G550 for that.

Transmission isn't broken, just a programming 1st born twitch that I expect will be worked out soon. Don't know for certain, but expect it to be as reliable as previous LX's.

But yes, I'm sure the X7's are great. Nice to have choices.

I have a base model for $89,400, and at that price point I think it measures up just right. Paying $150,000 for this vehicle would certainly not be worth it. Would be jumping into a new G550 for that.
Now, you got a steal. Congrats! We we’re just so turned off by the markup it certainly didn’t help and you’re right, I would also rather have a G wagon at that price point, especially now more dealers are not marking them up on build orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom