Just curious, what's your OTHER vehicle? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My other cars...

20230316_135547.jpg

IMG_20230307_091531_053.jpg

How dumb would it be to buy a used s class to daily?

As long as you carry your AARP card, it's no problem.

Not surprised to see beemers and porsches well represented through this thread, toyota owners know their buld quality and reliability :)
Mine's a '96 e36 M3 coupe.
One of these things is not like the others. Porsche quality is quite a ways above BMW.

FX I have to ask about the Mercedes since I know nothing about them. What year is it? Any more specs on it? You have a beautiful machine there and my curiosity has to know

How dumb would it be to buy a used s class to daily?
They’re a lovely daily. I have a 2015 S550 will sell soon to get something sporty. Theyre super cheap now too.
Pros

Actually about 500 horsepower crank
The lighting, seats, tech, and screens are much better
Creature comforts like the heated armrests and steering wheel, ventilated seats
25 mpg highway so easily 400 mile range at 80-100 mph
parts are not that expensive I got some aftermarket rotors and pads for under $1200 installed at an Indy shop
put 18s on them or you will be bending/cracking the 19s and 20s all day long tires much Cheaper in that size too

cons

I had something wrong with the fuel system where I could only pump gas a gallon at a time, cost about $1500 to replace at the dealer.
The transmission has a weird 5 to 4 shift where on some hills (maybe once every two months in my experience) it will SLAM the gear in as if it’s a M5 V10 SMG in level 3 gear mode - it makes me laugh at everyone on this forum who complains about the 8 speed in the 200.

The stable. Long wheelbase RR is clutch with 2 kids in car seats- no scooting the front seats forward and super roomy for mom or dad to sit in between in the middle seat

320k miles between the cruisers
32k miles on the 2017 RR- 2 years ownership and flawless.
IMG_6964.jpeg

The stable. Long wheelbase RR is clutch with 2 kids in car seats- no scooting the front seats forward and super roomy for mom or dad to sit in between in the middle seat

320k miles between the cruisers
32k miles on the 2017 RR- 2 years ownership and flawless.
View attachment 3509282
The RR apparently has an awesome self parking function for parallel parking.

When I grow up, I want this :poof:

1702858000196.png

I'll play :)
Because I'm a nerd, I have a website for each of my rigs (current and most of the past).

2006 LBZ Duramax dually (for sale):
2012 Desert Fox toy hauler.
2023 Ford f350 high output long bed crew cab. So crazy powerful and comfortable.
2020 Honda Africa Twin adventure sports dual clutch transmission.
1964 Ford Thunderbird Landau (dad bought in 1974).
2009 Lx570.

View attachment 3509379

View attachment 3509380

View attachment 3509386

View attachment 3509387

View attachment 3509405
That toy hauler is a bit heavier than your former Camplite. I can see why you're rocking the big trucks!

Africa Twin is too heavy for the riding I do. Much happier with my adv’d KTM 690 enduro. It weighs over 100lbs less than my riding partners T7, which is awesome when I have to pick it up from a nap. Picking up the T7 is a PITA!

IMG_8026.jpeg

Looking through this thread. Seems people who would spend over $80k for a Toyota have a stable of decent cars.
Not all of us. My only other car is a 65 year old MG worth about $12k... Many cars I see here cost more than I paid for my house!

Last edited:
Africa Twin is too heavy for the riding I do. Much happier with my adv’d KTM 690 enduro. It weighs over 100lbs less than my riding partners T7, which is awesome when I have to pick it up from a nap. Picking up the T7 is a PITA!
Nice, I have a 990 that I ride over on the Western Slope.

Nice, I have a 990 that I ride over on the Western Slope.
I had a 990 for awhile, the most unreliable KTM I’ve ever owned. By far the worst to work on too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom