June 11th Wheeling - The Cove (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You pay for the camping and wheeling when you check in at the Cove office.

We have Camp 4 booked for the weekend of the 11th

Just got time off from work approved for Fri- Sun that weekend. See you all there! I'll drive down on Friday.

Unless I get my sh-t together to buy @matzell 's wildflower 80 this month, I'll be in my '21 4Runner with skids, sliders and 1" lift. So I'll be looking to do some green trails and then ride along in a more built up rig for harder trails.

1) Any thoughts on who would be down for some easy trails?
2) I assume we are wheeling on Sat/Sun? What about on Friday?
3) Let me know if anyone’s got a spot for passenger (I will also have my small dog with me - he’s got a seatbelt harness so he doesn’t fall out the truck. Unfortunately, I can't leave him home with my wife while she watches our kid)

Last edited:
For anyone interested, we are going to be doing a club run at The Cove on June 11th. Post up if you're planning on attending, so I can call ahead of time and give them a heads up on rough estimate of how many to expect. Depending on the headcount we have will determine where we end up camping.
I'm in but will leave Saturday night.

I'm planning to camp both nights.

I’m planning on being there. My nephew is visiting so he will probably tag along. Probably have to do the Taco instead of the forty since I need space for passenger, dog and the rooftop tent. Bob please do not hit on my nephew. Keep your tendencies contained within your own family. That’s how they do it in Anusville, VA anyway.

FYVM!

did my best to reload the freqs onto the radio using the new chirp excel file that Emorth and the NC guys put together. It appears to have worked; we'll find out in 2 weeks ;). I plan on arriving very early Saturday, set up my tent, wheel, stay the night, and depart in the morning.

chirp.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the idler pulley bolt, cleaned up the hardware, and think I solved my phantom squeaky pulley noise 🤓🤙.

PMed the front winch (gtg; rear winch still not working), checked lug, steering, and knuckle nuts for tightness; they’re all gtg. Painted my mirrors and wiper arms black. Topped off the oil.
Radio is set with channels. I guess I’m prepared.

B81DC823-06AF-42D4-B713-F4B304ACC264.jpeg

742B3EB9-490D-4132-8F04-2A1735A14FD8.jpeg

596F15B8-FA5D-4649-957D-869A2199F215.jpeg

Anyone bringing firewood? I’ll bring what I can fit into the LX. I’d hate for all of us to have to spend our life savings on 7 pieces of wood from the office.

I'll be bringing some firewood and kindling. The firewood is mostly rounds so one of you young'uns will have to split it.

Anyone bringing firewood? I’ll bring what I can fit into the LX. I’d hate for all of us to have to spend our life savings on 7 pieces of wood from the office.
I will bring some split up stuff for Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom