June 11th Wheeling - The Cove (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be bringing some firewood and kindling. The firewood is mostly rounds so one of you young'uns will have to split it.
Swing by the house and use my splitter. Old man.

It has been an entire pandemic since I have seen any of you folks... I would like to attend... probably need to pay some dues too. I might be only able to come out for the day... what time would the groups be heading off into the great tracked wonder?

It has been an entire pandemic since I have seen any of you folks... I would like to attend... probably need to pay some dues too. I might be only able to come out for the day... what time would the groups be heading off into the great tracked wonder?
This is a group of early risers. We'll be on the trails at the crack of dawn... 😂

By "the crack of dawn", Ahmad means 9-10:00 or so.

Huh? I thought “crack of dawn“ was when he finally crawls out of his tent and the sun shines on his butt crack. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I thought that was “moonrise”.

Ok. I just got a GMRS license and a Midland radio back in my truck again- I also still have the Baofeng if needed.

Can you guys remind me what we do for Comms at the Cove? Will I be able to use the Midland by dialing into one of the channels on this chart?

C7F61C19-8181-457F-B7DD-5B934BDA9E54_4_5005_c.jpeg

Yes, but. The Midland will display the GMRS channel number. So CLCC chan1 = GMRS 15.
You will also have to set the squelch code CLCC 100 = Midland CTCSS12
& CLCC 612 = Midland DCS68.

DCS= Digital Coded Squelch
CTCSS= Continuous Tone Coded Squelch
Awesome- thanks @emorth !

That's what time we'll wake up in the best case scenario. FTFY
@captainva - you said you have firewood I can grab at your place. I'll plan to swing by next week- maybe wed or thurs and load up my roof basket to bring to camp on Friday. How much firewood do you have for this? I think I can fit up to about twice as much as in this pic in my Yakima MegaWarrior basket with ratchet straps and a heavy duty cargo net.

1654180591487.png

It also sounds like you guys are bringing some too @76FJ40 , @kevin in okinawa , @TTViper ... Is it possible we'll have too much firewood? I'm only staying Friday night so if there's extra, I can haul it back home on Saturday afternoon or leave it with you guys to use Saturday night.

Anything else that would be helpful to bring? Any food, drinks, etc?

Last edited:
Bourbon and beer are always welcome.

CLCC NEVER leaves firewood behind, we just have bigger fires.

@captainva - you said you have firewood I can grab at your place. I'll plan to swing by next week- maybe wed or thurs and load up my roof basket to bring to camp on Friday. How much firewood do you have for this? I think I can fit up to about twice as much as in this pic in my Yakima LoadWarrior basket with ratchet straps and a heavy duty cargo net.

View attachment 3023291

It also sounds like you guys are bringing some too @76FJ40 , @kevin in okinawa , @TTViper ... Is it possible we'll have too much firewood? I'm only staying Friday night so if there's extra, I can haul it back home on Saturday afternoon or leave it with you guys to use Saturday night.

Anything else that would be helpful to bring? Any food, drinks, etc?
I have many times the amount in that pic. Send me a text next week and we can figure out what time is good.

One more suggestion: If the coded squelch codes become a problem, the decoder on the Motorola radios can be disabled by momentarily pressing the button above the PTT bar. When it is disabled, you will hear any radio traffic on that channel. The LED will glow orange when the coded squelch is disable and when you change channels. The transmitter will still transmit the code. Turning the radio off and then on or pressing the button again will reset the coded squelch.

1654196567136.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom