Jowett Performance Filter Housing with Fumoto drain valve (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks so the TRD oil filter will seal ok once the Jowett housing is screwed in and installed? Sorry to create any confusion it just didn’t seem to fit the same as the non TRD oil filter so I got a bit worried it wouldn’t work well. I am no expert by any means and just wanted to get it done right. Thanks for clarifying! Now I have enough oil filters to last a couple years!
That is how the TRD oil filters look/fit. They do not rely on the stock filter tube. The orings seal on filter tube/bypass base and way up inside of filter housing.

3/8" for the hos

Installed the housing on my 2015 last weekend. Nice piece. I really hate the OEM part. I upgraded the plastic one to the cast metal one, but that's still questionable design to me.

Looking forward to the next oil change now with the housing in place!

Is this available now? Or still out of stock..

Thanks

Website says they’re still out of stock. Is there a list I can get on for the next batch??? I’d love to get one for my next oil change in about 2k miles.

Installed the housing on my 2015 last weekend. Nice piece. I really hate the OEM part. I upgraded the plastic one to the cast metal one, but that's still questionable design to me.

Looking forward to the next oil change now with the housing in place!
Curious what aspect of the OEM Taco housing do you consider “questionable design”? Is it just the convenience of the valve? I agree the plastic one sucks as it gets stuck on the truck and then stuck in the filter wrench. Haven’t had that issue with the metal Taco housing. I use brass tool to drain the housing, not the plastic thing that makes a mess. Not as convenient as the valve but not hard or messy either.

IMO, the fundamental design flaw is the use of a cartridge style filter in an upside down (cap on bottom) orientation. A remote location up in the engine bay with the housing flipped around would self drain and would never create a spill.

Curious what aspect of the OEM Taco housing do you consider “questionable design”? Is it just the convenience of the valve? I agree the plastic one sucks as it gets stuck on the truck and then stuck in the filter wrench. Haven’t had that issue with the metal Taco housing. I use brass tool to drain the housing, not the plastic thing that makes a mess. Not as convenient as the valve but not hard or messy either.

IMO, the fundamental design flaw is the use of a cartridge style filter in an upside down (cap on bottom) orientation. A remote location up in the engine bay with the housing flipped around would self drain and would never create a spill.

Plastic housing aside I don't like the cap. I always torque both the housing and the cap to spec, but hardly ever managed to unscrew the cap without unscrewing the housing. Never saw the brass tool for draining, just the plastic nipple supplied with the filters and it's pain to use.

I was also always finding some oil trace on the cap, as if that small o-ring wasn't quite sealing things up. I don't see any leaks above.

I’ve just purchased a 2017 RAV4 for my son and have discovered it has the same kind (though shorter) of filter housing as the 200s do.

Having become quite addicted to using the Jowett housing and Fumoto drain, there wouldn’t happen to be anything like it for other vehicles (like the RAV4)? Otherwise I’ll replace the plastic housing with a metal OEM version, but before I did that I figured I’d ask here to see if anyone knew of anything else.

Thanks!

Hey mud' fam.

If anybody is looking to get rid of a JOWETT filter housing, please let me know. Interested in the unit but not available thru their page.
Thanks!

Where is the bypass valve located on this housing? The spring is under compression when the perforated tube is installed in the housing - but where is the actual valve/seat located?

Crap, if I ever sell my 3UR Tundra, I’m taking the @bjowett unit with me.

Glad I knew him from the old VW days of VBB’s :D

I’m kicking the idea of a ‘13+ 200, but I will buy a new stocker cap at this point.

— Is that old juiced up Corrado still in the stable B?
-AWD / Synchro wasn’t it???

I'll supply a pic of the bypass valve.

It's built for a lifetime, take it with! Still have the Corrado Syncro. Have not driven it in 22 years!

Ordering should open up this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom