Joined the Stout club. 1965 1900. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just found this forum, long time member of 'mud, few days owner of a 65 Stout.

1965 Stout 12.jpg

1965 Stout 10.jpg

1965 Stout 9.jpg

1965 Stout 8.jpg

A few more

1965 Stout 7.jpg

1965 Stout 5.jpg

1965 Stout 4.jpg

1965 Stout 3.jpg

1965 Stout 2.jpg

It's a lot cleaner now. Spent almost a whole day cleaning, throwing away random crap, and the worst part, cleaning up the random booger welds the PO left behind from whenever he decided he needed another thing attached to the bed for his roadside assistance business. :bang:

So I'm sourcing some parts. The plastic surround for the speedometer cluster, the rubber thingies behind the door handles/window cranks, probably like to rebuild the front suspension (all the rubber bits and maybe new links), steering, brake drums, brake cylinders...

Also I've seen mentioned on another thread that with the proper parts that a disc brake conversion is possible. Along with the later model 8" Toyota rear I plan to swap, brakes will be much better...

How’s this project coming along?

How’s this project coming along?

I sold it a while back. Decided it was just too much to do, the cab is VERY small, and I just didn't want another long-term project. Sold it to a local Toyota nut, bought a 1986 4x4 std cab SR5 the same day. So it was a win.
20210413_113053.jpg

I sold it a while back. Decided it was just too much to do, the cab is VERY small, and I just didn't want another long-term project. Sold it to a local Toyota nut, bought a 1986 4x4 std cab SR5 the same day. So it was a win.

Yeah I've been curious about these for a while but have yet to see one in person. They look pretty tiny! I'd love to do a V8 powered sport truck build on one or many some sort of JMD-ish turbo swap.

Yeah I've been curious about these for a while but have yet to see one in person. They look pretty tiny! I'd love to do a V8 powered sport truck build on one or many some sort of JMD-ish turbo swap.
I'll have to find the picture, but somewhere I have a picture of one next to a geo metro at the junkyard and the metro looks huge

They sound like a lot of fun… and a death trap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom