Joined the dark side.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:D

What do you think? After looking at all the black painted wheels, I couldn't resist. Took off my running boards too. Mucho better!!!!!!!!

PDR_3257.jpg

PDR_3256.jpg

Looks good. My wheels are looking quite sad. I have wanted to paint them but I figure it is just one more thing to repaint every so often.

stunning!

and that little touch of gold upfront is pretty deviously naughty too...! :D

In a Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger voice..."Dat Looks Buff...Definately NOT for Da Girly Men"

:lol:

Thanks!

The gold is a giveaway huh? ;p

Overall I'm pleased. Time will tell how well they hold up, but my wheels were rather sad in the shape they were in, so a little paint did wonders for the toughness.

Here is a comparison shot.

PDR_3158.jpg

:eek:

is your lexi black or gray?

Ting,
How could you possibly mistake that gawdawful shade of green for black or gray? Are you color blind?

The bottom half looks good though.

-B-

Ting,
How could you possibly mistake that gawdawful shade of green for black or gray? Are you color blind?

-B-

:flipoff2:

I hope he breaks something in Moab and has to walk over to my GREEN truck to beg for parts...........:flipoff2:

Ting,

-B-

I am literaly amazed at how persistant you are with you bashing of 6M1. Obsessive compulsive tendancies? Or did some stud run off with your wife in a green cruiser? :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

6M1, just waxed and looks kick ass. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Last edited:
looks great! so how did you do it?

im in the same boat with that gold junk, i wax it every so often to accelerate the slow fade. too lazy to replace it.

Last edited:
Looks good.

looks great! so how did you do it?

im in the same boat with that gold junk, i wax it every so often to accelerate the slow fade. too lazy to replace it.

Thanks for the compliments.

I followed some of the advice I read on here from people doing their wheels.

Took the wheel/tire off, washed it with some simple green and a green scrub pad, hit it with some steel wool to scuff up the surface...used brake cleaner to make sure the surface was super clean.

I then used etching primer. 2-3 light coats.

Then 3-4 coats of Semi-gloss black.

To protect the tire, I did the dish wash soap trick and it worked out ok. I had to use the green scrub pad to get the over spray off, but it did come off rather easy.

Looks good man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom