John Deere HIR bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a data point here.

I was one of the first gen John Deere bulb users, back some 4-5 years ago.

Back then, they were the original GE bulbs, with part of the wiring actually on the exterior of the glass.

I put them in for my low beams, and bought some Toshiba bulbs for high beams about a month later from Daniel Stern lighting.

About a year later, one of my GE John Deere low beam bulbs burnt out. I replaced it with more Toshiba bulbs from Daniel Stern, which have worked excellently for me ever since (about 2-3 years?).

It appears as if John Deere has switched to Toshiba now? So the burn-out point is probably moot.

I'm also using the Slee headlight wiring harness, so wattage to the bulbs should be somewhat consistent.

The HIR's are, hands down, one of the BEST modifications you can make to your Cruiser. Unbelieveable light, especially when driving down a lonely highway at night. You almost look forward to passing the one lonely car in front of you so that, the moment you are side by side, you can flick on your brights and show them what they're missing.

I am interested in getting the AH211917 bulbs. The local JD dealer quoted me $27.49 per bulb. What happened to the $12.50 price? Too many LC owners going to this has drove the price up?

If anyone knows where to get them for a better price, let me know.

Thanks,

Riley

edit: Sorry, I finally read through this whole thread and on page 7, the price whining started. I guess I just need to pay the ~$30 per bulb and "see the light".

Last edited:
They are available through HIRheadlights.com for $24.99 a piece and $5.00 shipping.

Last edited:
They are available through HIRlights.com for $24.99 a piece and $5.00 shipping.

Thanks Cary for the info. I can not get the website to open, but with the shipping, I would save a couple of bucks by buying them local.

Thanks,

Riley

Thanks Cary for the info. I can not get the website to open, but with the shipping, I would save a couple of bucks by buying them local.

Thanks,

Riley

That would be because yours truly put in the wrong address, I fixed it in my post so try that one.

That would be because yours truly put in the wrong address, I fixed it in my post so try that one.

Thanks! That worked. It will still be cheaper to buy them locally instead of from HIRheadlights.com ($24.95 each + $6.00 for shipping compared to $27.49 each + no shipping - .92 cents cheaper, woo hoo!).

I will order them if the local guy can't take care of it.

Thanks again!

Riley

just got mine from Daniel Stern. I already had the slee harness (good product).
Took 5 minutes to trim the tabs, used diagonal pliers and a flat file. Easy.
The fit is good, not perfect, they could rotate maybe 5 degrees more, but I think good enough.

pass side is stock bulb (51W Kioto) driver side is HIR bulb 55W. This shot was taken in daylight, I'm expecting the difference to be even more visible at night (but not willing to wait to do the 2nd bulb)

hir.jpg

I think the light will be much better. I'm happy.

I don't recall price, I bought them around xmas.... so many other things on my mind I can't remember.
but I'll bet they were around $25-$30/bulb.

google daniel stern lighting... you'll find him.

I needed some replacements and the Stern sight said he was away on vacation so I went to EBay and found them there. I ordered 3 bulbs, 1 low and a low and high spare and me receipt thanked me for my continued business. When the bulbs arrived I recognize the packing and white marker out lining the tabs. So he has an EBay store as well.

Thanks, I need to get them overnighted from somebody. I lost one of my low beams yesterday, and I leave on a road trip on Sunday, so I NEED THEM TOMORROW. I emailed Max Lumens, SUV Lights, and Daniel Stern, but have not heard from anyone yet.

Any ideas, I need a little MUD help here?!? I don't want to replace it with a stock lamp, as I would lose out on the excuse to the :princess: to upgrade (as we need one already).

THANKS ANYONE AND EVERYONE!!!

I'm pretty sure that when I ordered mine they were from Berthod motors in Glenwood Springs, they are a John Deere dealer. You may be able to pick some up there without shipping them.

I've had mine in about a year - high and low beams. Got them from MaxLumens via eBay. I run with my low beams on all the time, and everything is still going fine.

Ok, now that I've jinxed myself, I'll probably end up driving home by the orange glow of marker lights tonight :p

I'm pretty sure that when I ordered mine they were from Berthod motors in Glenwood Springs, they are a John Deere dealer. You may be able to pick some up there without shipping them.

Thanks Kevin, but before I read your response, I heard back from Daniel Stern and completed the transaction including the overnight shipping via UPS (a standard offered shipping option).

To add to this thread, here's the link to the lights, 9012 (HIR2)

BTW, I would've had to get back and forth from G'wood, which is probably worth the extra ~$45 to avoid having to drive 90 miles round trip and use up a couple hours I don't have, but it's good to know as I can refer my other buddies in the Roaring Fork Valley there...

I'll take some more good comparison shots as I replace them tomorrow to post up.:D

Here are some shots of the HIRs (on the right) that i put in a 94 Camry. I purchased them for my cruiser but they got detoured in to a Camry.

Both hi and low beams are HIRs and all other items are stock on the camry. Can't wait to get a set in my 80 and 100.

Top photo is Low Beam

Bottom is High. (both bulbs on)
DSCN2650.JPG
DSCN2651.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom