John Deere HIR bulbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shameless bump

I have a spare set I suppose I could get rid of. I originally bought them as a backup because they were only 9.99 each plus shipping, but I cant let fellow mud members get hosed.

I would be thrilled if someone had a spare Tercel flasher switch (or real CDL switch :D ) to trade as I dont yet have the CDL switch for my 97.

If anyone is interested PM me or post here.

Clint-

bump

Well Of course I would like to have your set but I don't have a switch to offer. :D

I have a spare set I suppose I could get rid of. I originally bought them as a backup because they were only 9.99 each plus shipping, but I cant let fellow mud members get hosed.

I would be thrilled if someone had a spare Tercel flasher switch (or real CDL switch :D ) to trade as I dont yet have the CDL switch for my 97.

Clint-
I don't have a CDL switch but I do have a new unused front and rear diff lock switch I will trade for a JD light from my parts bin:D

Three weeks ago they were still $9.99 This is from Southern NM and West Texas. Eastern NM is $2 less. The damn website is no letting me select beyond that. What is the price online you are seeing and where?

My local dealer still has them for $9.99 (ordered), the ones I got were the Toshiba (made in japan) model. http://jddealer.deere.com/fish-still/

Use the Nacogdoches dealer.

So maybe East Texas hasn't heard about the "run on them" yet.

Last edited:

Clint-

Well Of course I would like to have your set but I don't have a switch to offer. :D

I don't have a CDL switch but I do have a new unused front and rear diff lock switch I will trade for a JD light from my parts bin:D

Thanks all, the deal is done. MSGGrunt was kind enough to trade me a switch.

My local dealer still has them for $9.99 (ordered), the ones I got were the Toshiba (made in japan) model. http://jddealer.deere.com/fish-still/

Use the Nacogdoches dealer.

So maybe East Texas hasn't heard about the "run on them" yet.

I checked with the dealer and here is what they sent me back:
Dear Sir,
I have received you request for the following part # AH211917. Please be advised, these bulbs sell for $26.39 each. I do have two in stock. These are the only two available at this time due to national back order.
Thanks,
Larry
Parts @ fish and still equipment.
So looks like they figured it out now and are in fact higher than the cost here in CO. The cost of these bulbs have almost trippled at JD dealers in the last month or so :eek:

If anyone still has a dealership willing to sell you these bulbs @ $9.99 ea I'd like to buy 10 or more for a bunch of folks in CO :)

I checked with the dealer and here is what they sent me back:
Dear Sir,
I have received you request for the following part # AH211917. Please be advised, these bulbs sell for $26.39 each. I do have two in stock. These are the only two available at this time due to national back order.
Thanks,
Larry
Parts @ fish and still equipment.
So looks like they figured it out now and are in fact higher than the cost here in CO. The cost of these bulbs have almost trippled at JD dealers in the last month or so :eek:

If anyone still has a dealership willing to sell you these bulbs @ $9.99 ea I'd like to buy 10 or more for a bunch of folks in CO :)

Aaahh, good ol' supply and demand. Let it ride for a while, they'll order more, they'll sit on them for a few months, and the price will come down again. They'll start to think it is a cyclical thing.

Thing is, if our board was enough to drive pricing, there weren't many out there to begin with.

I believe someone said earlier that the chevy guys were pilfering as well.....

Alright, I know this post is almost dead, but I made the ultimate sacrifice for IdahoDoug and the rest of you that like data. I purchased a GE lightmeter off Ebay for $5. It measures in Footcandles. I did before and after tests and this is what I found:

Tests performed at 10:30 PM and 11:00 PM tonight, Roy, UT, partly cloudy to cloudy. Ambient light readings were <10 FC. Cleaned both lenses by hand.

OEM lights:
1) 3' from lights: brightest point was tough to find. Just under 800 FC's.
2) 45' from lights, approximate safe driving distance: 25 FC's brightest spot
3) Outside of beam at 45' from light and approx. 25' from center: 8 FC's
4) At rearview mirror of my Subaru, bumper parked at 45' from light: 8 FC's

High Beams, all OEM, same points as above:
1) Infinity
2) 50 FC's
3) 10 FC's
4) 8-10FC's

JD lows, same points as above:
1) Well in excess of infinity (meaning the needle peaked out faster and farther than with high beams)
2) 40 FC's
3) 0 FC's...didn't even make the needle move.
4) 8 FC's solid

High beams with JD lights
1) Not measured
2) 70 FC's, easily obtained.
3) not measured
4) 8 to 10 FC's

What this should mean is that the JD lights are brighter, but more importantly that they provide a more focussed beam. So, if you don't like seeing the peripheral of a trail or the road, these lights are for you. If you like a wider pattern, the OEM lights are better. Sitting in my Subaru they were not offensive in the mirror...no more so than the OE lights.

So, if that's not LC Geeky enough for you...go smoke it somewhere else!

I'm sending the light meter off to a friend this week, so if you want any other measurements, let me know soon!

FYI, footcandles is a measurement that measures the intensity of light that falls on a surface, which is why the measurement in the rearview mirror isn't what you'd expect. For more info, see this article:

http://www.energybooks.com/pdf/D1150.pdf

My meter is identical to the meter shown on pg. 1 for footcandles.

I must of gotten lucky.... I just picked mine up at the local Deere dealership for $9.99. They did say that they have been getting lots of calls for these bulbs and that the price has risen to $23.00. To think I almost told them that I didn't want them as this will be an extra pair. I'm glad I spent the $20.00 bucks now.

Been trying my local JD dealers - no luck and none showing up on back order either. Any other bulbs worth swapping in?

Been trying my local JD dealers - no luck and none showing up on back order either. Any other bulbs worth swapping in?

Yep, check the FAQ.

I just installed a pair of the low beams and I like them, I can tell the difference without any scientific measures, especially nice on those dark rainy nights that we get here in WA (west side)

Dealer Inventory

Uploaded list of US JD dealer inventory on AH211917.

I took the inventory at the first one (Barnett/Olympia, WA)

Best,
Scott

***trying again to upload***

Last edited:
I have a pdf showing US dealer inventory - not sure how to publish this.

Scott

What was the price paid for the bulbs? If it was $9.99 then would you please PM me for email addy to send the .pdf to? :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom