SOLD JDM spec 1990 HDJ81, only +- 67K miles, CA reg, CA Bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FOR SALE is my beautiful JDM spec HDJ81. Approx. 66K miles, a gorgeous example of an unmolested time machine ! I have never seen a cleaner example of a low mileage HDJ81 and I doubt you will see anything in this category. This just might be the lowest mileage 80 series Land Cruiser in North America ?

Driven into CA from MT last December, imported into MT July 2017. I've enjoyed almost 6 months with it as my daily driver but its time to pass it on to another Land Cruiser enthusiast.

This is a stock JDM spec vehicle with 3x locking diffs; the only mods I've done are a new JVC head unit w/ bluetooth phone connection and a Sirius radio interface (6 Jan @ +- 63K miles) and very tasteful, appropriate cup holders !

The timing belt and BEB's were replaced by Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton, CA - Feb 1 @ +- 63K miles. The oil and filter was also changed and the trans serviced.

The only potential blemish on this vehicle was probably a minor accident, I'm guessing in Japan, which broke one head light washer nozzle and caved in the front valance piece under the radiator. The top chrome trim is also missing off the front bumper.

If you live in CA and are paying attention to the woes of importing vehicles into this state especially diesel vehicles, I'm guessing this might be the last example of a diesel Land Cruiser that legally makes its way into California.

The last photo shows the recently received CA legacy plate. I believe this just ads to the uniquness of this fantastic vehicle.

Vehicle just back from my detailer, $300, and looks amazing. Its under a cover now with a battery tender and waiting your inspection !

Title in hand, more photos by request.

$23000.00

Enjoy the photo's

Jonathan (415) 720-5194 c

Unknown-4.jpeg

Unknown-5.jpeg

Unknown-6.jpeg

Unknown-7.jpeg

Unknown-8.jpeg

Last edited:
More pics....

Unknown-9.jpeg

Unknown-10.jpeg

Unknown-11.jpeg

Unknown-12.jpeg

Unknown-15.jpeg

More pics....

Unknown-16.jpeg

Unknown-17.jpeg

Unknown-18.jpeg

Unknown-19.jpeg

Unknown-21.jpeg

More pics....

Unknown-25.jpeg

Unknown-26.jpeg

Unknown-27.jpeg

Unknown-28.jpeg

Unknown-29.jpeg

More pics....

Unknown-30.jpeg

Unknown-32.jpeg

Unknown-33.jpeg

Unknown-34.jpeg

Unknown-35.jpeg

More pics.....

Unknown-37.jpeg

Unknown-38.jpeg

Unknown-39.jpeg

Unknown-40.jpeg

Unknown-41.jpeg

The last....

Unknown-1.jpeg

This does have front and rear lockers?

What do you have as far as maintenance records?

This does have front and rear lockers?

What do you have as far as maintenance records?

3 x locked. I have no maint records from Japan. I just have docs showing the timing belt, big end bearings, oil change and trans service done by Georg at Valley Hybrids.

I also added grease into the birfs since they looked a little dry.

Any pics of the underside before the rattle-canning?

There's fresh paint in the muffler from painting the driveshaft. That rattle canning. Tough to tell how much corrosion there was that just got covered up.

Really ? Wow ! No words....

Really ? Wow ! No words....

With respect it does look like there is some fresh black stuff under there, apparently my eyes are not the only ones that see that.

Good news though if you live close to valley hybrids maybe they offer some type of vehicle pre purchase inspection? If that were an option it might help out some potential buyers looking at a long distance purchase. Lets face it that is just about everyone.

GLWS

With respect it does look like there is some fresh black stuff under there, apparently my eyes are not the only ones that see that.

Good news though if you live close to valley hybrids maybe they offer some type of vehicle pre purchase inspection? If that were an option it might help out some potential buyers looking at a long distance purchase. Lets face it that is just about everyone.

GLWS

Here’s the deal, I picked the truck up in MT and drove it home to CA. I power washed the heck out of the under carriage when I got home to get the nasty stuff off from the trip. I haven’t touched it since then ! If there is paint/stuff under there, it wasn’t done by me. The under carriage seems remarkably clean for a 28 year old vehicle. Is there rust/corrosion, absolutely, it’s 28 years old. I still think it’s in amazing condition for a 1990 vehicle.

If someone wants a pre-purchase inspection, absolutely ! I’m sure Georg would be happy to accommodate. Georg mentioned to me “this is the cleanest 80 I’ve seen come out of Japan” or words to that effect.....

Thanks for the pre-purchase advice !

Nobody accused you of misrepresenting, he just asked if you had before pics. If you didn't do it, oh well, doesn't matter. Looks like a nice truck up top. Down below is impossible to tell without personal inspection because a previous owner "freshened" it. Common practice really and wouldn't keep me from buying a car, but would mean I take a closer look. Your "no words" response makes it sound like you are offended, but you really shouldn't be. At least a dozen of us had the same thought that guy did.

Jonathan: Why?

Onur,

I thought I was gonna keep this 80 forever but it’s just so clean and I really don’t think it’s meant be my daily driver. This needs to be someone’s weekend vehicle; it’s in amazing shape and i feel it kinda needs to be preserved as long as possible. I’m just gonna drive the wheels off it since I do so many commute miles.

I’m not trying to flip it for some outrageous amount; I’m just trying to get my purchase price, trip tickets to MT and back, Georg’s work and the CA reg fees out of it, that’s it.

I really think there is another LC enthusiast out there who can give this vehicle a ‘better’ future.

Great hearing from you btw....

@OP, there's a ton to like about this rig. Offering to work with Buyer for PPI is absolutely right thing to do. The underside needs a good in-person examination to confirm condition.
You're asking close to collector money IMO, the rig just needs to stand up to rigorous examination.
I'm at my limit on cruisers right now, else I'd give it a further look.
GLWS

@OP, there's a ton to like about this rig. Offering to work with Buyer for PPI is absolutely right thing to do. The underside needs a good in-person examination to confirm condition.
You're asking close to collector money IMO, the rig just needs to stand up to rigorous examination.
I'm at my limit on cruisers right now, else I'd give it a further look.
GLWS

Thank You !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom