Japanese translation wanted - JDM shift decal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bj44.wordpress.com
Hi all,

I've just finished working on a vector document for the Glove box shifting instructions. Took me lots of hours to make it as sharp as the original, but now its done.

I will send this of for etch printing on a 0,5 mm aluminum plate so I will have a correct and new OEM looking plate again... mine was kind of faded and pitted through the years.

But here it comes: Can someone on Mud translate this word by word so i know the exact translation for this plate? just so i know what it says, and i will put the translation on my restoring site for public interest.

Other question, does someone has a manual that explains how i should use the shifting?, like when i should change and use a specific gearing and how to change from 2 to 4 wheel drive, and from hi to low gearing. standing still, while driving slow?

I have the FD button and only H-N-L shift stick and of course my regular R-1-2-N-3-4 shift stick..

thanks in advance.

folkert
JDM_gloveboxdecal2.jpg

PM Mot.

I've never seen one with a side profile view of the FD knob and it's movement.

:hmm:

Is that an exact replica of the original?

Is that an exact replica of the original?

jup, i did a highres scan (1200 dpi) of the original, used photoshop on that one first so it was perfectly clean again and black/white
then traced it in illustrator, very clean that way.. size is also 100% correct.

see pic for the original one i scanned.
JDMshiftplate.jpg

Nice, I've been scouring the web and still haven't been able to find a copy of that plate in English.

As Dave said, you could always PM Mot. His profile page can be found here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/mot.html

:beer:

Send a private message to him, the link is just under his user name on the profile page.

Nice, I've been scouring the web and still haven't been able to find a copy of that plate in English.

As Dave said, you could always PM Mot. His profile page can be found here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/mot.html

:beer:

i dont think there is one in english... at least not for the 79+ cruisers.. think the FD knob was JDM only that period.

I dont know how about older cruisers from US/europe.

This is all I could find with the FD knob. Mine has the same plate.

attachment.php

*Oops, that's a three speed.

It's evident that we still need instructions for shampoo, so maybe they were onto something.

:dunno:

gear shift instructions

In the end it should look like this,

gear shift.JPG

Rudi
gear shift.JPG

In the end it should look like this,

View attachment 497836

Rudi

cool rudi, you found this on the EPC?
so for all wondering if my plate design/layout also exist in english, it probably does...

i"ll keep it stock jdm, so kanji for me!!! :)

so for all wondering if my plate design/layout also exist in english, it probably does...

Good idea, otherwise I'd say translate it to Dutch.

This is from a page from a parts manual that I have in pdf format. It's 67 pages included positions of the emblems probably for jdm versions. It's a 1.3 Mb file. PM me if you (or anybody else) want a copy.

Rudi

More info,

I found the same info on the EPC. I entered BJ43 1978 Gen market and found that the part# is 74551-60180 for Japanese, 74531-60161 for english and and 74531-60190 for english with text magnet front drive. Price €43.43

Rudi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom