Japanese translation wanted - JDM shift decal (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I've just finished working on a vector document for the Glove box shifting instructions. Took me lots of hours to make it as sharp as the original, but now its done.

I will send this of for etch printing on a 0,5 mm aluminum plate so I will have a correct and new OEM looking plate again... mine was kind of faded and pitted through the years.

But here it comes: Can someone on Mud translate this word by word so i know the exact translation for this plate? just so i know what it says, and i will put the translation on my restoring site for public interest.

Other question, does someone has a manual that explains how i should use the shifting?, like when i should change and use a specific gearing and how to change from 2 to 4 wheel drive, and from hi to low gearing. standing still, while driving slow?

I have the FD button and only H-N-L shift stick and of course my regular R-1-2-N-3-4 shift stick..

thanks in advance.

folkert
JDM_gloveboxdecal2.jpg

Is that an exact replica of the original?
jup, i did a highres scan (1200 dpi) of the original, used photoshop on that one first so it was perfectly clean again and black/white
then traced it in illustrator, very clean that way.. size is also 100% correct.

see pic for the original one i scanned.
JDMshiftplate.jpg

Nice, I've been scouring the web and still haven't been able to find a copy of that plate in English.

As Dave said, you could always PM Mot. His profile page can be found here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/mot.html

:beer:
i dont think there is one in english... at least not for the 79+ cruisers.. think the FD knob was JDM only that period.

I dont know how about older cruisers from US/europe.

bj40green

Tssss, tssss

cool rudi, you found this on the EPC?
so for all wondering if my plate design/layout also exist in english, it probably does...

i"ll keep it stock jdm, so kanji for me!!! :)
This is from a page from a parts manual that I have in pdf format. It's 67 pages included positions of the emblems probably for jdm versions. It's a 1.3 Mb file. PM me if you (or anybody else) want a copy.

Rudi

bj40green

Tssss, tssss

More info,

I found the same info on the EPC. I entered BJ43 1978 Gen market and found that the part# is 74551-60180 for Japanese, 74531-60161 for english and and 74531-60190 for english with text magnet front drive. Price €43.43

Rudi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom