Japanese translation wanted - JDM shift decal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I read Japanese.

It says the same things as the English plate, word for word, in fact, a fair share of the words on the plate are English words rendered phonetically in Japanese.

I've cropped three sections.

The first one says: "トランスミション及びトランスファーの使い方"

Literally, this is pronounced: "to-ra-n-su-mi-sho-n oyobi to-ra-n-su-fa-- no tsukai-kata"

"to-ra-n-su-mi-sho-n" is TRANSMISSION" phonetically in Japanese.

"oyobi" means "AND"

"to-ra-n-su-fa--" is "TRANSFER" phonetically in Japanese.

"no tsukai-kata" means "how to use"

Put is all together and you get: "How to use the Transmission and Transfer Case"

The next one I cropped simply labels the two components:

トランスミション = transmission

トランスファー = transfer

The third one i attached, which starts with number 1:

普通走行の場合は、= "In normal running operation,"

"レバーをHの位置で使用して下さい" =" please place the lever ("レバー") in the 'H' position."

There's really no difference in what is said on this plate from English to Japanese, so I'll hold off translating the rest.
attachment 1.jpg
attachment 2.jpg
attachment 3.jpg

Hi all,

I've just finished working on a vector document for the Glove box shifting instructions. Took me lots of hours to make it as sharp as the original, but now its done.

I will send this of for etch printing on a 0,5 mm aluminum plate so I will have a correct and new OEM looking plate again... mine was kind of faded and pitted through the years.

But here it comes: Can someone on Mud translate this word by word so i know the exact translation for this plate? just so i know what it says, and i will put the translation on my restoring site for public interest.

Other question, does someone has a manual that explains how i should use the shifting?, like when i should change and use a specific gearing and how to change from 2 to 4 wheel drive, and from hi to low gearing. standing still, while driving slow?

I have the FD button and only H-N-L shift stick and of course my regular R-1-2-N-3-4 shift stick..

thanks in advance.

folkert

I just saw your ad for the extra plates on Ebay and back tracked my way to your post here. Unfortunately your reproduction has a spelling error in it, under #2. It's a small issue, but it is obvious to a Japanese native speaker.

Here's what the original plate says:

2. ......フロントドライブを入れて使用して下さい。

Here's what your repro plate says, the mistake highlighted in red:

2. ......フロントドライブを入れ使用して下さい。

The change from 'て' ('~te' - a verb suffix) in the original to '' ('~de' - a particle indicating location) in your copy makes it ungrammatical.

Good try, however it would have been worth your time to have found a Japanese speaker to check it over before printing the plates. I'm sorry I didn't catch it first time around in your original post here.

hi there, ha nice to know,

too bad i didnt see that small difference, since i did a very highres scan of my original one, which was in good order, not faded , only a bit pitted, i had to clean up the pitting in the scan and turn it into vector again.. that was a hell of a job!!!
lemme see if i can find the original scan, to take a look at the specific area.. :)

i almost sold them all btw, 1 left now...

ha yes, i see, those are 2 little scratches i thought were part of the character... grrrr:mad:
could be fixed with a little black marker i think... well anyway, i didnt plan to do a second batch otherwise i would have removed the little spot in the digital file..

thanks anyway for pointing out!!!:)

ps thats the picture i took of the original plate before i took it off and scanned it, as you can see it was in
decent shape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom