Jack and spare tire help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my truck didn’t have any of the jack tools when I bought it so I am trying to accumulate then. I found a jack on eBay, but I have a quick question. Which of the tools I have circled in the picture are used to lower the spare tire? Looking from the back of my truck I see a slot above the spare, so it looks like I need something with a T on the end, but I don’t see it in the picture of tools. I am thinking about just getting some generic jack rods for my jack, but then I realized I need something to get the spare down.
7922A3AA-9D41-4B41-A1C1-82FBC80FA99C.jpeg

All the brown pieces except the very left small brace. Interestingly I found the one with the hook and the straight rods are still available from toyota at least that is what partsouq says. But I think they are replacement parts so maybe slightly different than original. I'd be interested to know if they fit in the bag. The handle with the L shape is NLA. My handle part is rounded out inside the square hole. I'm thinking about spot welding inside the hole and filing it square again. Anyone repaired this differently? Maybe knock out the square and weld in a new square piece cut out of some steel square tubing? Sorry for the slight hi-jack.

So my truck didn’t have any of the jack tools when I bought it so I am trying to accumulate then. I found a jack on eBay, but I have a quick question. Which of the tools I have circled in the picture are used to lower the spare tire? Looking from the back of my truck I see a slot above the spare, so it looks like I need something with a T on the end, but I don’t see it in the picture of tools. I am thinking about just getting some generic jack rods for my jack, but then I realized I need something to get the spare down.
The circular hook will slide straight into the slot/notch on the pully system, you can the rotate the hook which allows you to lower the tire. If you slip an extension on the end of that, the "L" shaped piece will go onto the end of the extension. The "L" should have a hole cut out of it which allows you to slid it over the extension. Rotate the 3-piece arm you will have assembled and the tire will come down. With all of the pieces assembled, it should look similar to the shape of this tool:

I believe you only need the one extension, but it may be 2 extensions then the "L". Hope that helps. M

Spare Tire Tool.PNG

Thanks for all the reply’s. My local Toyota dealership is showing these parts available so I will order them.

Like @g-man says I think the handle may be different though. I’ll order it and update when I get it.

My kit has 3 extension and the one with the hook that goes into the lowering mechanism. You can use Vice Grips to grap and turn the connected rods if you don't have a crank handle.
Or a cordless drill 😉

Partsouq shows this piece avail. I'm curious about the square notch on the end opposite the screw ...is it a plastic tab? Hmmmm. I may buy a set of these an see.

View attachment 2572110

I received these extensions today. The tab is a metal spring. The length and thickness is the same as the original. The only difference I can see is the metal tab. I don't really see the necessity of the spring/tab. Of course you could clamp the screw down without it. The wall of the tube is thinner at the square end where the tab is. The screw looks identical. The paint looks the same. It fits in the tool bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom