It's Finally Arrived

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by fitchik, Jun 19, 2005.

1. fitchik

fitchik

I am now the proud owner of a 1989 HJ61 JDM. I am pumped... I didn't think I would be this excited, but as the days get closer to her being in my driveway and me behind the wheel :grinpimp: I am thrilled...
    I have read that the 12HT Diesel can run up to 700k, with regalur maintenance. Currently I am driving my BF's very cool BJ74 JDM, and get many double takes. Of course mine wants to be "cooler"... :D, ( whats the saying: a family that plays together - stays together... so I am just going to play harder...) joking GB :doh:

I would love to hear some suggestions, opinions, thoughts and ideas for Maintenance and Mod's. I have already decided on the ARB Bulbar, Safari Snorkel, Belton Suspension with a lift, 24V Convertor. Would love some huge tires, but that might be pushing it - not practical for my purpose as a DD...

Needs a stereo as well - something that won't cost a fortune....

And - ALL this has to be approved by my 15 year old daughter, (her words, MOM I can't look like a geek), and two boys - 13 years, and 10 years.

Cheers,
    Petra

2. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi Petra and congats. The 61 series is truly one of the great landcruisers.
    The Beltons and 33 in tyres are a perfect combination for practical purposes and looks.
    You definately wont look llike a geek:D
    Try posting on the International forum for maintenance as it is more diesel and JDM related.
    Theyll want pics too,Ill guarantee it:D

3. fitchik

fitchik

Thanks - will do...

Ciao

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.