It's been a long summer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
I brought my white 25 down to Phoenix in May to do a little work on it and found the frame cracked on both sides in front. After trying all summer to find someone close to weld it a local CSC member offered to weld it up (thanks Rhino). I brought my other 25 driver down to Phoenix last fall to install a snow plow. Well I bought two early fj40 hard tops to make a plow truck out of so never did nothing with it. So after a summer with no 25 to run around in the forest with I now have them both up north. The white one went up a week ago. The second one is the one with Torsen diffs in it. I really didn't want to use a towbar to tow it but because of a neighbor builting a fence between the garages I needed to get it moved now. I pulled the rear driveline which is something I usually don't do. But because I'm not happy with the way the pinion is set up in the rear diff(can't find shims) I pulled it. After the 140 mile trip all the bearings were cool to the touch. When I towed it down to Phoenix it showed up here on Mud, including the straps I used to make sure the late model hardtop didn't fly off at highway speeds. So I towed it up last Friday night under the cover of darkness. Now that I running a stock bumper I need to get a winch setup so I can pull people out of their driveways like I did last winter.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=27164

John
Img_0455.jpg
Img_0474.jpg
Img_0483.jpg

Hoarder!

That camo pattern actually look pretty good with the landscape! ;p

So do you have a plow now? That's one thing the three speed in the 40 is actually good for, plowing snow.

foxfab said:
Are the camo covers so that Phil doesnt see them when he's flying overhead? :D

Nice LV :)

I resemble that remark! I DO keep an eye out from the air, and on occasion have found on the ground what I saw while flying...kinda like geocaching...

And cabins with visible cruisers get special (water) treatment during fires :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfab
Are the camo covers so that Phil doesnt see them when he's flying overhead?

Nice LV

LV? I got rid of my LV a while back. That's my 65 FJ45LPB :)

Quote: Cruiser_Nerd
So do you have a plow now? That's one thing the three speed in the 40 is actually good for, plowing snow.

Of course I have a snow plow, I think everybody in Arizona has one :rolleyes: I guess the three speed would be OK but I thinking the H41 would be better with a Lock Right in the rear axle.

Quote: LandCruiserPhil Living in the Past that house doesnt look like any area in Phoenix that I have been to.

You need to get out more, the pictures are from one of the new sub divisions in the northern part of the city. :rolleyes: Next time your in Flagstaff on the way back you'll see the Phoenix city limit sign a couple miles south of Flagstaff. :confused: I think it has to do with the race between Peoria and Phoenix to see who can annex the most. :eek:

Quote FJnotCJ
And cabins with visible cruisers get special (water) treatment during fires

Is this true or just a trick to get me to take my camo covers off :grinpimp:

The camo covers are to keep the neighbors happy there is a home owners association. I got to many cruiser hidden up there. :rolleyes:

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom