Is this insane? Or just stupid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t have anything to add design wise, but that set up is super cool! If only Toyota had designed the jump seats to swing out and face forward.

They did it's called an LX short wheel base and JDM mid wheel base. Some where I have pictures of a 1960s JDM mid wheel base that was for sale in Canada. It had the same fold up rear seats as the later BJ44 & BJ46 just not as refined.

Well , both a kink in the link and mission creep set in.

The kink: son tested positive for Covid so we laid low. I’m freelance and this bs can take my work so I just chilled. Good news is I must be immune because I should have gotten it several times over and I’m still neg.

Mission creep: the seat thing led to me thinking about pulling the roll bar which led to me pulling the hardtop for what seems to be the first time in this lady’s life. Took the boy on a ride and taught him to use manual. Yesterday he drove the 62 auto and today he actually didn’t burn up the clutch. So, a win I guess.

Im going to yank this thread back over to my A Girl Named Norman thread and close this out here.

Im still planning on my stupid ass bench to forward thing so catch up with me there.

Hugs and sh!t.
Ian

Oh, pictures:

IMG_9831.jpeg
IMG_9830.jpeg

There was a guy in Rathdrum, ID that made a very sturdy version of forward facing jump seats for the FJ40 many years ago. They mounted on the side wheel wells, folded together in the center or up and out of the way on the sides. I used a set for a decade for my kids when they were small. I removed them a few years ago and put the originals back in there. They are in storage, but I am happy to get them out if someone wants them. I can take pictures this weekend if there is interest. Shipping would by up to the buyer, from Richmond, VA.

There was a guy in Rathdrum, ID that made a very sturdy version of forward facing jump seats for the FJ40 many years ago. They mounted on the side wheel wells, folded together in the center or up and out of the way on the sides. I used a set for a decade for my kids when they were small. I removed them a few years ago and put the originals back in there. They are in storage, but I am happy to get them out if someone wants them. I can take pictures this weekend if there is interest. Shipping would by up to the buyer, from Richmond, VA.
Count me in to be the first interested party. I'll PM you with my info now.

Ian

I put this sticker in my 40 a couple years ago, perhaps you need one too!

I put this sticker in my 40 a couple years ago, perhaps you need one too!

You think I came up with that on my own?
That post has been living rent free in my brain since I saw it, just couldn’t remember from where.

Love it, thank you!
I need one.

The sticker in question:
IMG_9856.jpeg

Although of course I got the verbiage wrong, but the sentiment was there.

I am attaching pictures of the forward facing jump seats that were made by a gentleman many years ago for several of us with 40s. I pulled them out of my parts stash today. I used them for my kids for 10 years before removing them. They are heavy duty. Each seat weighs about 30 pounds. They fold via a piano hinge attached to the wheel well. I used velcro to hold them to the roll bar when folded. I mounted a ring bolt through the floor to hold the inner end of the seat belt and used a shoulder belt attached to the roll bar on the side. I will sell these if anyone wants them. Not sure how to ship them from Richmond, VA. Sorry the pics are so big. $300 and you figure out shipping.
790C6203-024C-4955-8774-7205F4BF2707.jpeg
C95C01AD-C8C4-4004-B010-6DC16617FE3A.jpeg
61395904-5DD3-4571-9D38-B5651ED4E19D.jpeg
5A9E6BA4-345C-4153-9E0B-1857953F08B4.jpeg
10DBA9FE-5301-4BD9-916F-440297B5AF8F.jpeg

I’ll take a look at shipping options and get back to you.

Thanks Fjina.
(Pronounced in my head, it’s an interesting username…)🤔

FJinVA. I have had it since the early 90s.
Oh my word… the way I spelled it came out way different… totally laughing right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom